“Nice atmosphere, great wine, good food”

Bogarts Bar & Grill
Ranked #155 of 383 Restaurants in Darwin
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Bogarts Bar & Grill - a Darwin restaurant serving up 1940s style and class. Come to Bogarts' and experience for yourself. We have the perfect setting for an intimate dinner for two, great fun and entertainment for groups of friends, and we can cater to your requirements for functions. At Bogarts, our mission is to create the best possible dining experience for you. We would like you to relax while we take you on a wonderful journey that tantalises and delights all your senses. Bogarts ... The start of a beautiful friendship...
Reviewed July 9, 2014

I've been to Bogarts a few times now. It's just a pleasant, relaxed place for dinner and drinks. I loved the choice of wines to go with the very good food. Good service too, Well done to the staff.

There are newer reviews for Bogarts Bar & Grill

Reviewed July 8, 2014

It was fabulous food and the size of the steaks were huge. Well cooked and good price for the specials.
It was an open mike night and the locals who sang there were great. some fabulous dancing and felt we had a great night out.

Reviewed April 5, 2014

Bogarts was recommended to us by a friend who said Jimmy who sings on a Friday night is fantastic and there was a new chef starting. She was right, we had a birthday dinner there for my husband friday night and it was such a great night. The wasabi oysters and arancini balls were amazing as starters and the mains were perfect, nothing left on anyones plate which says something. As for Jimmy, what an entertainer, he sang happy birthday to my husband but he had the dance floor packed all night. Its such a great venue for group parties and birthdays and you can settle in for the night. Thanks so much to everyone there for making it so enjoyable,

Reviewed March 24, 2014

Having almost concluded that everything in Darwin is double deep fried goats #$#@, We went here ,and now, have some hope of a good meal in Darwin. Amazing ambiance, fairly quiet, nice dim lighting. the food was nice, large servings though. Go in very hungry if you want to do the three courses, that would be my only complaint.

Reviewed March 22, 2014

Okay before you go on, I can only hope this was a once off bad night for this place!

We arrived at 7pm the place was very quiet, and by 7:30 the rest of our table of 8 had arrived and we ordered. The place was full, most of whom arrived after us, and ordered after us. We had a few drinks and caught up, and after an hour and a half flew by, the waitress offered us some free breads for the table, these took about 20 minutes to come out. I was so hungry I was eyeing off the table leg by now!

About 2 1/4 hours after ordering the entrees came out, and about 1/2 an hour later the mains came out.... Apart from one, the birthday girl who had to wait another 10 minutes!

Needless to say we weren't happy and when we asked for the bill nothing was said or offered as an apology. The bill was sent back asking they look at it, and an offer of 10% came back, we sent the bill back asking to see the manager. A waitress returned offering 50% discount, however seemed to take our displeasure with waiting all night for our food and eating at 10:30 personally. Again the manager was requested, and told she was busy and we could go to her... The message the manager should come and see us was conveyed, and she came to the table and apologised, eventually!

I can only imagine how the table next to us felt who got their mains as we were leaving!

Despite the LONG wait for the mains, they were actually very nice. I can't comment on dessert as we didn't have time to order it!

I found bar service extremely slow and a basic spirit and wine cost $17!

I think it will be a long time before this place is back on the list to visit for us long term Territory residents.

1  Thank WJeremiah