“Great meal”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ashby cum Fenby
Grimsby, United Kingdom
“Great meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

Last minute decision to take some dear friends to Roosters Restaurant to end a weekend of celebrations. I have worked here as pianist and with my jazz trio on 2 or 3 occasions in the Fenby Suite but have never dined in their restaurant. For most of our meal, we had the restaurant to ourselves. Great menu with additional specials, the food was excellent and well presented. Chef prepared a fresh fruit salad especially and the Lime and Coconut Cheesecake was yummy.The service was great, attentive and congenial. The restaurant is tastefully decorated and all in all, the four of us could not have wished for better. Well done Roosters. I can highly recommend this restaurant and we look forward to a return visit.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Immingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

stayed one nite the room was beautiful, no bath had a wet room instead,so missed a bath,towels and bathrobes nice and fluffy,the building is lovely and spotless,we dined in the resturant and the food was to die for, asked for vodka@cranberry juice ah they dont have cranberry juice tut tut on the wholea wonderful stay would go back again so hope they have canberry juice evening meal and breakfast was wonderful,pleasent happy friendly helpful staff id be more than happy to stay again was a lovely relaxing evening in all a beautiful place to stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
vancouver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

What a find. We had trouble finding this spot as we thought it was in Grimsby! Once we arrived we were very well looked after. Dinner in the dining room was hot and tasty. Attentive service. Very quiet,comfortable room. Large bedroom. Delicious breakfast. We would return!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Selby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

We stayed here for one night- a random hotel found online by my girlfriend for my surprise birthday treat.
Beautiful setting, in a quiet country location. Lovely clean building. Amazing friendly helpful staff from the second we arrived to leaving no matter who we met: reception staff, maids, restaurant or just passing by. The room (Wyham room) was 'to die for' with many luxuries- biggest bed ever, huge TV, double ended bath, balcony, toiletries, bottles of water, bath robes, i-pod connection in room and link to bathroom & many more. She arranged for champagne & chocolates to be brought to the room: beautifully presented and divine. The 3 course dinner in the A la carte restaurant [which was immaculate] was AMAZING- cooked & served to perfection- fantastic value for money. The breakfast was equally perfect and most certainly plentiful. Knowing it was my birthday everyone who greeted me wished me a happy birthday.
We cannot find a negative to write about any part of our stay in this hotel and WILL be staying there again asap!
Thankyou!!!!!!

Room Tip: All 8 rooms different but faultless!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank shamusandbecky
Leicester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

I recently attended a wedding at Hall Farm and would definitely not recommend it as a venue to anyone else! As a pregnant guest on discovering that the speeches were to be conducted prior to the serving of the wedding breakfast I asked the waitress bringing the wine round for the toast if it would be possible for me to have a bread roll to eat as I had stomach ache and was not feeling great. She said that she would go and see what she could do. On her return she said that no I couldn't and I would have to wait like to everyone else. Thought that this was really poor especially in my pregnant condition.

When the food was eventually served there were huge gaps between courses and it say that the main course was terrible was an understatement. I wouldn't have expected carrots and roast potatoes so hard you could hardly bite through them and overdone new potatoes. If you thought that was bad though you should have seen the evening buffet. If there were any guests in attendance that couldn't eat pastry or bread then they would have been left eating only chicken legs and the garnishes off the sandwich plates so heaven forbide they might be vegetarians!! Also why serve chicken legs on the evening buffet when the reception guests have just eaten a roast chicken main course!?!

Due to the heat in the room the guests sitting on our table decided to go outside to try and cool down while we were waiting for the tea and coffee to be served. On our return, the cream jug with sugar and chocolates had been placed on our table but no cups and were never served the tea and coffee. My husband asked one of the waitresses for 3 cups of coffee as we had not had any and was met with the now standard reply of I will see what I can do. The waitress returned with 3 stone cold cups of coffee which had obviously been pre poured and left on the side in the kitchen!

The room was also too hot when we asked if the air conditioning could be put on we were told it was on low. Really glad my husband made a fuss because by this point I was feeling faint in the heat to get someone to put the air conditioning on a bit more.

All in all a terrible experience as a wedding guest and will be telling anyone that is thinking of holding a wedding reception here to look somewhere else and think again unless you enjoy bad food and even worse service!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank sercombe
Crowborough, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on business for one night in the Croxby room on the ground floor. Excellent room more like a luxury hotel but with the feel of a small boutique B&B. There are not enough places like this around, in my view it beats the chain hotels on all counts. We ate in the restaurant which was very good with a selection to suit all tastes. I had Haddock & Chips, tasty and very well cooked. Definetly stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013
north east lincolnshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

Having bought a meal for 2 on groupon, I went here for dinner already looking forward to it as the menu online looked scrummy.

We weren't disappointed, the food was delightful and exceptional value (even without the group on voucher). The staff were attentive (sometimes this lacks when you are paying with a voucher, but not here). The pauses between ordering and eating, eating and clearing, clearing and eating were perfect.

The food is some of the nicest I have eaten in a local eatery in recent times.

Decor of the restaurant is lovely with tables spaced out, wc tastefully decorated with nice toiletries.

Cannot wait to revisit for another scrumptious dinner.

Only little criticism if owners read this, cutlery could be more superior to match the style of the restaurant and butter should be served in a ramekin, not little sachets. But this will not stop me highly recommending you, just little pointers!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
#1 of 1 in Healing
The Burlington Hotel
The Burlington Hotel
#1 of 9 in Cleethorpes

Been to Hall Farm Hotel and Restaurant? Share your experiences!