This place is way overated and way overpriced. Service is apalling. Room was dirty. Lighting is too poor to read or to even see in part of the room. TV didn't work (why would it - looks like a 1970 model). Clock didn't work. Wake-up call didn't work. Tour desk has only one person who keeps you waiting for over 1/2 hour, then doesn't have information. Restaurant can't cope with a 1/3 full house and takes over an hour to bring dinner (which is really expensive). Go to the bar for a beer and you are greeted with an annoyed "WHAT DO YA WANT?" and then told to pay $10 for a beer. Staff always react to complaints with a "I'm sorry but there is nothing I can do". Free shuttle bus pulls up 20 metres ahead of posted stop then doesn't wait for people to reach it before pulling away. The list is longer, but what is the point? They have you captive here if you wan to visit Uluru. Terrible service. Poor value. But a great natural wonder.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Voyages Desert Gardens Hotel is a superior hotel at Voyages Ayers Rock Resort. Magnificent ghost gums and flowering native shrubs are the setting for this hotel. Voyages Desert Gardens Hotel is centrally located to all resort and touring facilities and offers a range of accommodation, from shaded poolside rooms to deluxe rooms overlooking the desert.You can relax in the comfort of your own private balcony or courtyard, or unwind in the hotel's pool, sipping cocktails from the Bunya bar. It's only a short stroll to the Resort's numerous lookouts, where you can view what is arguably Australia's best sunset, with the spectacular play of colours across the face of Uluru and the surrounding desert. Once the sun has set, dine at Arnguli Grill and savour an a la carte flame grilled menu. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Desert Gardens Hotel, Ayers Rock Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Desert Gardens Hotel, Ayers Rock Hotel Yulara
- Hotel Desert Gardens
- Desert Gardens Hotel, Ayers Rock Resort Australia/Yulara