“let down slightly by service”
Review of Ilkari Restaurant

Ilkari Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 12 Restaurants in Yulara
Cuisines: Australian, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
london
“let down slightly by service”
Reviewed December 24, 2013

nice food but let down by forgetting our order - the unlimited ice cream and chocolate fountain sort of made up for it !!

Visited December 2013
GMSAILS, General Manager at Ilkari Restaurant, responded to this review, January 1, 2014
Dear Miamispice,
Thank you for your review.
I am glad to see that you enjoyed the menu and the chocolate fountain, we do find the fountain to be a favourite among many guests at Ilkari.
Please accept my apologies for your order being forgotten. I assure you this is not a reflection of our normal standard of service and I will follow this up with the team.
Kind regards
Sails in the Desert

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Sydney
“Dinner at Ilkari Restaurant”
Reviewed December 22, 2013

I took my family including my wife, son and his family to dinner at Ilkari and it was a most enjoyable experience. The staff were very attentive and were accommodating two special
dietary requests. We had the full buffet and the choice was excellent and the value good.

• Visited December 2013
Sydney, Australia
“Won't go again”
Reviewed December 11, 2013

Went there to have buffet dinner. Saw the sign stating that customers are not allowed to wear thongs. We asked the waitress if she could just let us in. She said no, asked us to go back and change to proper shoes. We listened. After we got in, guess what we saw ? More than a third Aussies are wearing thongs. Racism ?

p.s we are not caucasian.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Miki H
GMSAILS, General Manager at Ilkari Restaurant, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Dear Miki H,
Thank you for your review.
Please be assured race does not impact our decision making with dress code in Ilkari. I find your review to be an exaggeration and definitely not normal reflection of the patrons that visit our restaurant. We will certainly continue to monitor dress code in our restaurant as per our dress policy.
All the best with your future travels.

Kind regards,
Sails in the Desert Hotel
“Very poor food and expensive”
Reviewed December 11, 2013 via mobile

The food was really terrible, not much was edible. It is very overpriced.

The only good thing was the service, but that didn't make it worthwhile.

Definitely avoid.

2 Thank Joelf15
GMSAILS, General Manager at Ilkari Restaurant, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Dear Joelf15,
Thank you for your review.
I am glad to see the customer service you receive at the restaurant was good and I will be sure to pass your praises on to the team.
It is truly disappointing however to see that you found the food at Ilkari inedible and for this I apologize. Ilkari restaurant is regularly praised for its menu and flavours and your comments are certainly not a normal reflection of our cuisine. Please be assured I have addressed your comments with the Ilkari kitchen team. Thank you again for your feedback.
Kind regards
Derby, United Kingdom
“Classy restaurant, good food, but pricey and confusing”
Reviewed December 8, 2013

I wish there was something between 'average' and 'very good' on this rating scale! We had the 'interactive' dinner on one of our evenings here, and enjoyed the range and quality of the food, but the concept wasn't well explained to us by the waiter, who was way too pushy, but only appeared in fits and starts. He absolutely gabbled parrot-fashion, in quite a strong accent, what we were supposed to do - choose our main dish, then help ourselves to starters and desserts, I think. Then he took our drinks order, and disappeared to serve another table, and quite honestly it was all a bit overwhelming for people who hadn't been there before. We hovered around trying to decide what next, there was a very big group crowding the food area so it was quite difficult to help ourselves, and our quite small plates were then whipped away from the table as soon as we'd finished, almost before in fact, so they didn't seem to allow us another helping. In fact we didn't even know how much the bill would come to, our fault for not asking I suppose, but overall we felt quite intimidated, despite being quite seasoned restaurant diners. I don't think I've ever felt like that in a restaurant before! If we'd been able to use the buffet only, I don't think I'd have bothered with the main course, which was a very small portion, though admittedly beautifully cooked. The $65 per head plus drinks really did seem way over the top, so we didn't go back for another meal, we preferred the rather less pretentious places elsewhere in the resort.

• Visited November 2013
GMSAILS, General Manager at Ilkari Restaurant, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Dear MelFinch,
Thank you for your review.
It is disappointing to read that the customer service you received at Ilkari was not up to standard. I understand that we have not met your expectations on this occasion and as a result I have addressed your feedback with the Director of Food and Beverage to make refinements and implement corrective measures to ensure this does not occur in the future.
Warm Regards