“Very disappointing, not worth the money”
Review of Ilkari Restaurant

Ilkari Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 12 Restaurants in Yulara
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Tried this restaurant one night during our visit to Uluru, we were not impressed and did not think it was worth the $65 per person. We dined the night before at Arnguli Grill, Desert Gardens Hotel and thought it was much better value. Think this Restaurant is designed for the traveller who prefers buffet style, which is probably not me, as much as you can eat , but average quality - go to Arnguli Grill instead...you will not be disappointed. Try the lamb!! Yum!!

2  Thank JenBCanberra_
Andrea N, General Manager at Ilkari Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2013

Dear JenBCanberra_

Thank you for your review.

It is wonderful to understand that you had an enjoyable evening at Arnguli Grill and I will be sure to pass on your feedback to their Food and Beverage team.

I am saddened to read that you were not entirely impressed with your interactive dining experience at Ilkari. I understand that this style of dining is not to everyone’s taste however we pride ourselves on delivering an evening of culinary variety and I would like to apologise for your displeasure.

I wish you all the best in your future travels.

Kindest Regards

Andrea Nestle
Sails in the Desert Hotel

Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

I have had a number buffets at 5star hotels and this I would only rate as average. The staff and service was great very attentive removed plates promptly bit the food was lacking a bit in variety and imagination for $65 you got choice of minimal seafood prawns mussels smoked salmon and baby octopus, a caesar salad bar, 1 chicken wet dish with rice and vegetables the open kitchen allowed for multiple orders of sample size hot items such as barramundi, steak, pork , sausages, pasta or veg dish, dessert and cheese overall it was ok but for the price and atmosphere I guess I was expecting a little more wow.

1  Thank Steve G
Andrea N, General Manager at Ilkari Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Dear Steve G

Thank you for your review.

It is pleasing to read that the customer service displayed by our valued staffed was of an outstanding nature however I found it concerning to understand of your displeasure with the food on our buffet. We are readily praised for the variety and quality of the food served at Ilkari interactive dining experience and I would like to apologise that in your case we did meet your expectations.

I wish you all the best in your future travels.

Kindest Regards

Andrea Nestle
Sails in the Desert Hotel

Reviewed April 11, 2013

We loved eating here. We had the buffet dinner one night and had the buffet breakfast for three mornings. The food was fresh and well presented and there was a great selection to choose from. The kids loved the chocolate fountain. All the staff were very friendly and always happy to help out. A very relaxing place to enjoy a meal after a day exploring.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

This was my favourite place to eat for several reasons, the service was amazing, food was excellent and atmosphere fantastic. There was so much to select from and all beautifully cooked. The staff took pride in their work and were very courteous. Prices not as over inflated as everyone is suggesting. You would be paying these prices in Canberra, Sydney and Melbourne in a similar venue.

1  Thank AnnaB1910
Reviewed April 7, 2013

The service was excellent, the array of foods was amazing. Highly recommended place to eat. The ambiance was wonderful. From a cost perspective was expecting the prices to be astronomical, however prices were in par with those found in other capital cities of Australia.