Stayed at longitude for three nights in October during my honeymoon. This was a fantastic and very special place. The staff will do anything you ask....I was never told 'no' to a request. Accommodations were spectacular! Wifi in rooms and in the main lodge; unlimited food and drinks; smart and savvy tour guides; charming staff; constant attention. Loved every minute.
Staff: I cannot praise these people enough. They work so hard and make it look fun and effortless. On our last night they arranged a private sunset viewing for us that overlooked 'the rock,' and created a wonderful fruit and cheese plate. At night, they told us about the different star constellations and made sure we always had a drink in our hand.
Food: Shona (the chef) prepares a menu that you 'approve' each morning...dinner starts with a soup and is followed by a main course and dessert. The bread is sensational and served with spices and olive oil. Everything is presented beautifully. Desserts are unreal...ranges from ice cream with a caramel sesame chip to rich chocolate cake.
Full disclaimer: There are lots and of flies during the day but that is unavoidable since you're in the desert. You are given a fly net to wear and it works perfectly! You'll be much happier wearing it than not wearing it.
1. Stay for three nights and get the complimentary helicopter ride.
2. Request tent #12 (or one of the front four tents for an unobstructed view)
3. Bring bug spray and wear the fly net
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Longitude 131° offers immersion in the Australian outback, a true sense of stillness and beauty in this desert landscape, rich in cultural heritage and history. Explore the World Heritage listed wilderness of Uluru-Kata Tjuta and discover some of the ancient creation stories of the Anangu, the land's traditional custodians. Spend time exploring the diverse flora and fauna of the desert and come face to face with this irresistible land with the lodge's personally guided adventures. In the spirit of the original pioneers, stay in canopied pavilions that seem to float over the rust-red dunes. Luxuriously contemporised, today's explorers are cosseted from the elements in surrounds that favour refined comfort over ostentation. Classic furnishings meld with indigenous textures to evoke a sanctuary of earthy elegance. A private glass wall yields unparalleled views of Uluru (Ayers Rock). Exceptional cuisine celebrates a fusion of modern and local flavours. Enjoy an outback sundowner at the convivial open bar in the Dune House and dine under a glittering canopy of stars at Table 131°. Quieten to the night sounds of the desert and be mesmerised by the movement and songs of an ancient culture by firelight. Timeless and enriching, Longitude 131° promises a transcendent connection with this spirited land. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and MrandMrsSmith so you can book your Longitude 131 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Longitude 131 Hotel Yulara
- Longitude 131 Resort
- Longitude 131 Australia/Yulara