Longitude 131 proved so beyond what I expected. Nothing was beyond the capabilities of the amazing staff. They must be selected for photographic memories as well as high intelligence and charm. Upon arrival an individual staff member was assigned to us to talk about our likes and preferences and to outline everything which is available to us. When looking over our itinerary which had been arranged previously by an online travel agent, the staff member noticed some errors and set about arranging changes and refunds-how truly amazing! After all this the chef came out to greet us and to check the menu with a cousin who was vegan. He was then provided with a special menu at each meal. Nothing was too much for this staff. The luxury tents did actually provide views of Uluru. I had read about this in a brochure but had assumed it was an exaggeration-it was not. If one can find any fault with Longitude 131 it was the pool which of course was not heated. Since we were there in September, the nights were cool and the pool remained really to cold in which to swim-at least for us. I strongly recomment this amazing place for anyone who wants a taste of unmatched luxury.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Longitude 131° offers immersion in the Australian outback, a true sense of stillness and beauty in this desert landscape, rich in cultural heritage and history. Explore the World Heritage listed wilderness of Uluru-Kata Tjuta and discover some of the ancient creation stories of the Anangu, the land's traditional custodians. Spend time exploring the diverse flora and fauna of the desert and come face to face with this irresistible land with the lodge's personally guided adventures. In the spirit of the original pioneers, stay in canopied pavilions that seem to float over the rust-red dunes. Luxuriously contemporised, today's explorers are cosseted from the elements in surrounds that favour refined comfort over ostentation. Classic furnishings meld with indigenous textures to evoke a sanctuary of earthy elegance. A private glass wall yields unparalleled views of Uluru (Ayers Rock). Exceptional cuisine celebrates a fusion of modern and local flavours. Enjoy an outback sundowner at the convivial open bar in the Dune House and dine under a glittering canopy of stars at Table 131°. Quieten to the night sounds of the desert and be mesmerised by the movement and songs of an ancient culture by firelight. Timeless and enriching, Longitude 131° promises a transcendent connection with this spirited land. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with MrandMrsSmith so you can book your Longitude 131 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Longitude 131 Hotel Yulara
- Longitude 131 Resort
- Longitude 131 Australia/Yulara