Longitude 131 was a remarkable experience for us. We loved it.
At first sight the overall cost is extremely expensive but when one considers what is included and if one had to buy the tours and gourmet food separately elsewhere, we thought it reasonable value.
The location and design of the hotel is ideal and the service impeccable. The staff were all delightful, willing and helpful with special mentions to Nicole, Jason and Sarah. Our tour guides, Trevor and Nicole were very knowledgeable and gave great enthusiasm to their talks.
The food and wine were of the highest quality and the menu changed daily.
The unmissable tour, in our view, was the visit to the base of Ayres Rock.
We were disappointed by the sunset tour as we were led to believe by the publicity that this was to be viewed in an area exclusive to longitude 131 clients. It wasn't - in the words of our tour guide, we were watching the sunset with a thousand of our best friends!
In our view two days is the perfect length of stay as it is extremely hot and nothing else to see other than the two main sights. However these are quite unmissable.
There is not much to the local town, Yulara, and it is not worth the visit.
If you want a to make your trip to Uluru really special, stay at Longitude 131.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Longitude 131° offers immersion in the Australian outback, a true sense of stillness and beauty in this desert landscape, rich in cultural heritage and history. Explore the World Heritage listed wilderness of Uluru-Kata Tjuta and discover some of the ancient creation stories of the Anangu, the land's traditional custodians. Spend time exploring the diverse flora and fauna of the desert and come face to face with this irresistible land with the lodge's personally guided adventures. In the spirit of the original pioneers, stay in canopied pavilions that seem to float over the rust-red dunes. Luxuriously contemporised, today's explorers are cosseted from the elements in surrounds that favour refined comfort over ostentation. Classic furnishings meld with indigenous textures to evoke a sanctuary of earthy elegance. A private glass wall yields unparalleled views of Uluru (Ayers Rock). Exceptional cuisine celebrates a fusion of modern and local flavours. Enjoy an outback sundowner at the convivial open bar in the Dune House and dine under a glittering canopy of stars at Table 131°. Quieten to the night sounds of the desert and be mesmerised by the movement and songs of an ancient culture by firelight. Timeless and enriching, Longitude 131° promises a transcendent connection with this spirited land. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and MrandMrsSmith so you can book your Longitude 131 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Longitude 131 Hotel Yulara
- Longitude 131 Resort
- Longitude 131 Australia/Yulara