We stayed two nights at the Sails resort at the end of November. I was pleasantly surprised by our room which was large and tastefully appointed, however the rest of the resort is a bit tired looking. The swimming pool area was a bit of a disappointment too.
We ate at the pool bar a couple of times and the food was quite nice but unfortunately I couldn't say the same for the restaurant in the resort's town centre - I don't think I've ever had such a bad pizza!
On the full day we had at the hotel we left our room first thing so that we could see Uluru at sunrise and then do the base walk whilst it wasn't too hot. We returned at about 11am and put the "do not disturb" sign on our door so we could have a nap. We left the room again at 1pm and didn't return again until after 4pm so we were surprised to find that the room hadn't been cleaned. Perhaps it was our fault for putting the sign on the door but it was only for two hours out of the whole day so it was a little disappointing.
Service on the whole was fine but I did think that the staff on reception could have been more helpful and friendly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In Australia's Red Centre, the five star Sails in the Desert hotel beautifully contrasts Uluru's raw natural beauty with a decidedly luxurious outback holiday experience. Soaring white sails crown Ayers Rock Resort's Sails in the Desert hotel, shading 228 luxury five star rooms and suites. Discover the passion behind Aboriginal art at Sails in the Desert's Mulgara Gallery. Then be lulled into complete relaxation by one of the Red Ochre Spa's package treatments. Sails in the Desert hotel features an expansive gumtree lined heated swimming pool and a diversity of modern dining, bar and lounge options. Choose Sails in the Desert for an outback holiday with a unique style and modern luxury. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Hotel.de and HRS so you can book your Sails in the Desert Hotel, Ayers Rock Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sails In The Desert Ayers Rock Hotel Yulara
- Sails In The Desert Hotel, Ayers Rock Resort Australia/Yulara