Were weren't aware of the number of different options available for accommodation at Yulara, and looking at the other options, this would have been the top of the range I would think. The rooms were quite large I believe, and looked like they may have been refitted within the past 12 months or so. Our room unfortunately looked over the road at the back but did also take in the natural scrub not to far aware, which was nice at night. As we found that we spent very little time in our room anyway, the view was really of little consequence. But the pool area was quite nice but could have done with a little more shade The room was air conditioned, but we would have much preferred the option of having the balcony door open with a ceiling fan. But unfortunately, the screen doors were very poor quality, and with the number of bugs around, leaving the door open was never going to be an option. There wasn't a ceiling fan anyway, so consequently we had to put up with hotel dry mouth syndrome. The resort as a whole was quite clean, the restaurants and bars were very nice and the staff were very helpful and friendly. A nice place to base all your exploring from. Just remember too, you don't need to use the expensive tour companies to see the sights, there are other means of transport if you just wanted to go to the rock or the olgas. We also used the Uluru Express service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In Australia's Red Centre, the five star Sails in the Desert hotel beautifully contrasts Uluru's raw natural beauty with a decidedly luxurious outback holiday experience. Soaring white sails crown Ayers Rock Resort's Sails in the Desert hotel, shading 228 luxury five star rooms and suites. Discover the passion behind Aboriginal art at Sails in the Desert's Mulgara Gallery. Then be lulled into complete relaxation by one of the Red Ochre Spa's package treatments. Sails in the Desert hotel features an expansive gumtree lined heated swimming pool and a diversity of modern dining, bar and lounge options. Choose Sails in the Desert for an outback holiday with a unique style and modern luxury. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Booking.com, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sails in the Desert Hotel, Ayers Rock Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sails In The Desert Ayers Rock Hotel Yulara
- Sails In The Desert Hotel, Ayers Rock Resort Australia/Yulara