We spend almost a week at this hotel. The upkeep of the hotel is conducted by young and aboriginal people that come from across the country. There were a delight! Easy to talk, happy to assist as much as they can. We didn't try the pool, but looked clean and inviting. The restaurant served reasonable food, but nothing to go home and rave about. Their lamb chops and barramundi are however, great. Room was comfortable and clean. We were unlucky to have a room that from 8pm to 8am was flooded by the unusual piercing, continuous noise that we concluded was coming from a power box that was on the other side of the room's wall. So, we didn't sleep for a week! Despite speaking to their senior staff (stuck up with their own importance) we got promises they will change our rooms and then nothing. And that is what I had an issue with; how they dealt with our complaint and how much they cared! So, if you have an opportunity to come to Uluru, which is by the way amazing, stay at the place that they will look after you. Sails will certainly charge you an arm and a leg for it, so maybe just be more assertive with their senior staff. The young ones will delight you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In Australia's Red Centre, the five star Sails in the Desert hotel beautifully contrasts Uluru's raw natural beauty with a decidedly luxurious outback holiday experience. Soaring white sails crown Ayers Rock Resort's Sails in the Desert hotel, shading 228 luxury five star rooms and suites. Discover the passion behind Aboriginal art at Sails in the Desert's Mulgara Gallery. Then be lulled into complete relaxation by one of the Red Ochre Spa's package treatments. Sails in the Desert hotel features an expansive gumtree lined heated swimming pool and a diversity of modern dining, bar and lounge options. Choose Sails in the Desert for an outback holiday with a unique style and modern luxury. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Hotel.de and HRS so you can book your Sails in the Desert Hotel, Ayers Rock Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sails In The Desert Ayers Rock Hotel Yulara
- Sails In The Desert Hotel, Ayers Rock Resort Australia/Yulara