The shuttle service picked us up at the airport on time and our return to the airport went smoothly. The staff at the hotel is friendly and accommodating and check in was smooth and efficient. We chose the Terrace Room which was just as the pictures portray but the terrace itself has no privacy; it is like sharing one big terrace with all of your neighbors. We also did the Tali Wiru dinner which is VERY expensive and the food and wine was delicious however the massive amount of flies that are everywhere until the sun goes down make it very difficult to enjoy a $600.00 dinner. We would not do it again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In Australia's Red Centre, the five star Sails in the Desert hotel beautifully contrasts Uluru's raw natural beauty with a decidedly luxurious outback holiday experience. Soaring white sails crown Ayers Rock Resort's Sails in the Desert hotel, shading 228 luxury five star rooms and suites. Discover the passion behind Aboriginal art at Sails in the Desert's Mulgara Gallery. Then be lulled into complete relaxation by one of the Red Ochre Spa's package treatments. Sails in the Desert hotel features an expansive gumtree lined heated swimming pool and a diversity of modern dining, bar and lounge options. Choose Sails in the Desert for an outback holiday with a unique style and modern luxury. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Sails in the Desert Hotel, Ayers Rock Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sails In The Desert Ayers Rock Hotel Yulara
- Sails In The Desert Hotel, Ayers Rock Resort Australia/Yulara