Stayed for work meeting.
Rooms recently renovated although shower fairly basic. Restaurant food good but patchy service, some local staff trying very hard and friendly but backpacker-type staff members fairly disinterested.
While plenty of walking to see Rock available if you wanted to do exercise on-site, swimming pool heating not working and no gym. Therefore 3 stars only. Sense that they are trading off their location but they should realise that competing in domestic/meetings market .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In Australia's Red Centre, the five star Sails in the Desert hotel beautifully contrasts Uluru's raw natural beauty with a decidedly luxurious outback holiday experience. Soaring white sails crown Ayers Rock Resort's Sails in the Desert hotel, shading 228 luxury five star rooms and suites. Discover the passion behind Aboriginal art at Sails in the Desert's Mulgara Gallery. Then be lulled into complete relaxation by one of the Red Ochre Spa's package treatments. Sails in the Desert hotel features an expansive gumtree lined heated swimming pool and a diversity of modern dining, bar and lounge options. Choose Sails in the Desert for an outback holiday with a unique style and modern luxury. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sails in the Desert Hotel, Ayers Rock Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sails In The Desert Ayers Rock Hotel Yulara
- Sails In The Desert Hotel, Ayers Rock Resort Australia/Yulara