Beautiful, creatively decorated hotel. The carpeting, chandeliers and wall hangings are all evocative of the aboriginal heritage of the area desert and are stunning! This hotel was remodelled about 3 months before our visit. (see pictures)
The rooms were clean and comfortable and the A/C adequate for the 108 degree heat. We had a quick lunch at the snack bar and then breakfast the next day. The lunch was a little pricey, but you are in the middle of nowhere.
Breakfast was very, very nice, with chef cooked omelets and a buffet of anything else your heart could desire for breakfast. The dining room is lovely with windows to the desert and stream outside making it a most pleasurable experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In Australia's Red Centre, the five star Sails in the Desert hotel beautifully contrasts Uluru's raw natural beauty with a decidedly luxurious outback holiday experience. Soaring white sails crown Ayers Rock Resort's Sails in the Desert hotel, shading 228 luxury five star rooms and suites. Discover the passion behind Aboriginal art at Sails in the Desert's Mulgara Gallery. Then be lulled into complete relaxation by one of the Red Ochre Spa's package treatments. Sails in the Desert hotel features an expansive gumtree lined heated swimming pool and a diversity of modern dining, bar and lounge options. Choose Sails in the Desert for an outback holiday with a unique style and modern luxury. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sails in the Desert Hotel, Ayers Rock Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sails In The Desert Ayers Rock Hotel Yulara
- Sails In The Desert Hotel, Ayers Rock Resort Australia/Yulara