Our stay at Sails in the Desert was made even better by the awesome staff, and we have to make mention of the following people: Mohit was extremely helpful and is a real asset to the Resort. We just missed the shuttle bus and Mohit volunteered to drive us to our destination, and waited while we picked up a couple of things and drove us back to Sails. On the way he gave us some great information about the Resort. Staff like Mohit are really hard to find and his customer service skills, helpful manner and friendliness were very much appreciated. Ben and Jade at the Rockpool were also excellent ambassadors for the Resort. They were both friendly and really helpful. We found the majority of staff to be extremely helpful and friendly and this just enhanced our experience here. The only reason I haven't given 5 stars is because the first night in Sails we did not have any air conditioning in our room and it was really difficult to sleep. The air con was not working when we checked in and we were assured that it would be fixed around 5pm - this was not working effectively until the following morning. We did complain to the front desk and they were going to pass our concerns on to Management, however no response in the three days we stayed there. We were also overcharged when we checked out and are still trying to clear this up and get a credit back. However, on the whole I would totally recommend Sails, fantastic place for a relaxing break
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In Australia's Red Centre, the five star Sails in the Desert hotel beautifully contrasts Uluru's raw natural beauty with a decidedly luxurious outback holiday experience. Soaring white sails crown Ayers Rock Resort's Sails in the Desert hotel, shading 228 luxury five star rooms and suites. Discover the passion behind Aboriginal art at Sails in the Desert's Mulgara Gallery. Then be lulled into complete relaxation by one of the Red Ochre Spa's package treatments. Sails in the Desert hotel features an expansive gumtree lined heated swimming pool and a diversity of modern dining, bar and lounge options. Choose Sails in the Desert for an outback holiday with a unique style and modern luxury. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Sails in the Desert Hotel, Ayers Rock Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sails In The Desert Ayers Rock Hotel Yulara
- Sails In The Desert Hotel, Ayers Rock Resort Australia/Yulara