Upon arrival at the airport we were greeted by many flies outside and when we rushed into the hotel lobby we thought we would be safe but we weren't. Flies are everywhere! Thank god the front desk informed us of the fly cream that they sell in the lobby shop which helped us around the hotel but when visiting Uluru the fly cream and the net was of little help.
Inside our room the first night we were greeted by a huge cockroach in the bathroom and other little bugs because there's a huge gap at the front door through which I think they all come in. Upon covering the entrance gap with a towel, the rest of the stay was fine. We stayed at the hotel for two nights and found it comfortable and were happy with our stay even with the visit from the cockroach the first night because you can't deny the fact that you are staying in the middle of the outback. We ate at the bar/lounge the first night and the experience was good, no bugs bothered us inside but we did see people eating outdoors and noticed a lot of cockroaches outside at night. I don't think I would recommend serving/eating outside if this is what brings them in.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In Australia's Red Centre, the five star Sails in the Desert hotel beautifully contrasts Uluru's raw natural beauty with a decidedly luxurious outback holiday experience. Soaring white sails crown Ayers Rock Resort's Sails in the Desert hotel, shading 228 luxury five star rooms and suites. Discover the passion behind Aboriginal art at Sails in the Desert's Mulgara Gallery. Then be lulled into complete relaxation by one of the Red Ochre Spa's package treatments. Sails in the Desert hotel features an expansive gumtree lined heated swimming pool and a diversity of modern dining, bar and lounge options. Choose Sails in the Desert for an outback holiday with a unique style and modern luxury. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sails in the Desert Hotel, Ayers Rock Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sails In The Desert Ayers Rock Hotel Yulara
- Sails In The Desert Hotel, Ayers Rock Resort Australia/Yulara