When you see these two words together, you would expect the facility to be basic and spartan. It would be inappropriate for me to review on facilities that I have yet attended. Suffice to say that the bar and restaurants are more akin to a mess hall. This place is most definitely catering for the high turnover budget tour groups. I am actually surprised that it is part of the Accor Advantage group. The concept of a budget room here, though is to have the whole room of four bunk bends all for myself. The bill comes to a whopping $260 per night (divided by four bunk beds). It has coffee and tea making facility, WiFi is super duper powerful and it's priced $5 for one hour or $10 for one day and it's a no-brainer you would go for the second option. Apart from that, the room has two chairs. The air-con is the type that the moment you slot in the room key, it would run. However, the air-con is either On or Off and you have no say over how cold or hot you want it to be. This Lodge is very spread out and it takes quite a while to get from one end to the other. It will always be popular no matter what due to its relatively close vicinity to Uluru and so, I would expect the situation to be status quo regardless.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Looking for traditional Aussie hospitality? You'll find it at the Voyages Outback Pioneer Hotel & Lodge - with your choice of 3 1/2 star hotel or 2 star lodge accommodation, from comfortable, affordable hotel rooms and budget rooms to dormitories. This hotel is perfect for the demands of travellers looking for quality service in relaxed surrounds. This is a place where friendships are made and good times are had by all. Taste Australia's pioneering past, as you enjoy a beer and some outback delights at the do-it-yourself Outback BBQ, and swap stories of your day's adventures. Alternatively, opt for the peace and quiet of the Bough House Restaurant. The Voyages Outback Pioneer Hotel & Lodge is ideal for those who want to enjoy all that Ayers Rock (Uluru) has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Outback Pioneer Hotel & Lodge, Ayers Rock Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Outback Pioneer Hotel, Ayers Rock Hotel Yulara
- Hotel Outback Pioneer
- Outback Pioneer Hotel & Lodge, Ayers Rock Resort Australia/Yulara