We had a room withensuite and kitchenette, towards the rear of the complex, which was quiet and comfortable. The room had a queen sized bed and a single bed, a small table and chairs, sink, microwave and small fridge. However, this was perfectly adequate for our needs.
We stayed for two nights, one night on our own account and one night as part of a package.
The staff at reception were generally friendly and helpful, especially on arrival.
As there is a constanct shuttle bus service around the resort, we were not limited to facilities available at Outback Pioneer. We could have chosen to eat at any of the restaurants available throughout Yulara.
We purchased some groceries from the IGA, so were able to have one lunch, one dinner and one breakfast in our room. We did this because of times of tours, more than for any other consideration, but this was an economical option. However, with limited cooking facilities, the meals weren't brilliant!
We pre-purchased breakfast tickets for one morning and had breakfast in the Bough restaurant. There was a reasonable selection of hot food, cereals, fruit, etc.
After we checked out we had some time to kill, so we had lunch from the Pioneer Kitchen, which is alongside the bar area. We were able to sit at the tables for as long as we liked and the food from the Kitchen was very good. We had fish & chips - reasonably priced and well-cooked.
Overall, we enjoyed our stay at Outback Pioneer Hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Looking for traditional Aussie hospitality? You'll find it at the Voyages Outback Pioneer Hotel & Lodge - with your choice of 3 1/2 star hotel or 2 star lodge accommodation, from comfortable, affordable hotel rooms and budget rooms to dormitories. This hotel is perfect for the demands of travellers looking for quality service in relaxed surrounds. This is a place where friendships are made and good times are had by all. Taste Australia's pioneering past, as you enjoy a beer and some outback delights at the do-it-yourself Outback BBQ, and swap stories of your day's adventures. Alternatively, opt for the peace and quiet of the Bough House Restaurant. The Voyages Outback Pioneer Hotel & Lodge is ideal for those who want to enjoy all that Ayers Rock (Uluru) has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Outback Pioneer Hotel & Lodge, Ayers Rock Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Outback Pioneer Hotel, Ayers Rock Hotel Yulara
- Hotel Outback Pioneer
- Outback Pioneer Hotel & Lodge, Ayers Rock Resort Australia/Yulara