Our cement-block motel was clean and equipped with a kitchen area (refrigerator, microwave, kitchen sink with draining countertop, electric kettle, and all dishes/utensils needed). There was a small table with chairs in addition to two beds. Because our tours left at 5:30 a.m., we utilized the kitchen area to prepare supplied instant coffee and tea, and food (purchased at the market in the towncenter). The antique TV needs to be replaced with a flat screen, and the 3 or 4 channels available were disrupted by stormy weather. The pool area was in need of repair, with loose and dirty tiles and older chairs marring this asset. This hotel had a covered outdoor pub, barbeque restaurant, bottle shop, and fast-food type counter. An indoor restaurant seemed to be closed during our visit. We took the free bus to other hotels in the resort for nicer dining options. Be sure to check the resort bus schedule as there are breaks in service that might result in a missed reservation. The other hotels seemed to have the same cement-block construction, but with more stories and nicer amenities. And the flies--horrific, overwhelming pests. We bought nets to put over our heads so we could at least stand to be outside. The flies kept us from trying the pub and barbeque restaurant. While a $10 wi-fi card was advertised, I tried twice unsuccesssfully to buy one. The staff at the hotel seemed to be new and still in training.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Looking for traditional Aussie hospitality? You'll find it at the Voyages Outback Pioneer Hotel & Lodge - with your choice of 3 1/2 star hotel or 2 star lodge accommodation, from comfortable, affordable hotel rooms and budget rooms to dormitories. This hotel is perfect for the demands of travellers looking for quality service in relaxed surrounds. This is a place where friendships are made and good times are had by all. Taste Australia's pioneering past, as you enjoy a beer and some outback delights at the do-it-yourself Outback BBQ, and swap stories of your day's adventures. Alternatively, opt for the peace and quiet of the Bough House Restaurant. The Voyages Outback Pioneer Hotel & Lodge is ideal for those who want to enjoy all that Ayers Rock (Uluru) has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Outback Pioneer Hotel & Lodge, Ayers Rock Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Outback Pioneer Hotel, Ayers Rock Hotel Yulara
- Hotel Outback Pioneer
- Outback Pioneer Hotel & Lodge, Ayers Rock Resort Australia/Yulara