You can't expect to get much more in the middle of nowhere. Everything has to be trucked in from a distance so getting a clean place to stay at a relatively reasonable price was worth it. Beware that the outback pioneer is on the opposite side of the ring road to the resort centers hub of shops and services so if you'll need to either wait for the shuttle bus (15-20 mins) or walk 10 mins in the hot sun. The rooms where clean, there was a fridge, t.v., everything worked. Beware of ants on the pathways. The outback pioneer has the benefit of having the best dining option, for value, in yulara. I'm sure the resorts are better, but for the price ($10-20 per person), it can't be beat.
In the center of the ring road are walking paths in the red sand, and an elevated area from where you can see ayers rock (uluru) from. Nice viewing at sunrise and sunset. The front desk can assist with times. It's also a great stargazing place, amazing stars. That is a must for any city dwellers as it doesn't get much more isolated, yet close to your room, than this. If you plan to do this, however, bring a couple good flashlights and maybe your cell phones' light to light the path. Don't want to come across anything creepy along the path at night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Looking for traditional Aussie hospitality? You'll find it at the Voyages Outback Pioneer Hotel & Lodge - with your choice of 3 1/2 star hotel or 2 star lodge accommodation, from comfortable, affordable hotel rooms and budget rooms to dormitories. This hotel is perfect for the demands of travellers looking for quality service in relaxed surrounds. This is a place where friendships are made and good times are had by all. Taste Australia's pioneering past, as you enjoy a beer and some outback delights at the do-it-yourself Outback BBQ, and swap stories of your day's adventures. Alternatively, opt for the peace and quiet of the Bough House Restaurant. The Voyages Outback Pioneer Hotel & Lodge is ideal for those who want to enjoy all that Ayers Rock (Uluru) has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your Outback Pioneer Hotel & Lodge, Ayers Rock Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Outback Pioneer Hotel, Ayers Rock Hotel Yulara
- Hotel Outback Pioneer
- Outback Pioneer Hotel & Lodge, Ayers Rock Resort Australia/Yulara