The options of staying at Ayers Rock are very limited with budget options starting from approximately $40 a night in shared accommodation in either a 4 person mixed sex room or 20 person dorm. Then there is a big jump in price to approximately $200 per night. Because I knew I would rarely be in my room, I opted for a shared room. As a solo female traveler, I wasn't comfortable in a mixed sex dorm and therefore I opted for the 20 person dorm room. As soon as I arrived at the room, I knew it was immediately a mistake as guests were clearly on various time zones. The room felt like a jail cell. Although it was supposed to have air conditioning, it was broken. When I mentioned this to the staff, I was assured that the air was working. Two sleepless hours later, I went back to the reception and informed them that the air conditioning was definitely not working. I was then moved to an unoccupied four person dorm room with a working air-conditioner and was able to sleep for a few hours before my sunrise camel tour, a tour not to be missed. Additionally, I had rented a car so this wasn't an issue for me because I stored my luggage in the car, but should you wish to secure your luggage in a locker, it is $2 every time you access it, which is a ridiculous charge considering everything you do there has a siginficant mark up. In a sea of bad options, this is the only budget option there, but if I had to do it over again, I would've sprung for my own room. It would also be nice if the camp grounds had tents to rent out to travelers. Most everyone I met there were international visitors and therefore bringing one's own equipment is often not an option.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Looking for traditional Aussie hospitality? You'll find it at the Voyages Outback Pioneer Hotel & Lodge - with your choice of 3 1/2 star hotel or 2 star lodge accommodation, from comfortable, affordable hotel rooms and budget rooms to dormitories. This hotel is perfect for the demands of travellers looking for quality service in relaxed surrounds. This is a place where friendships are made and good times are had by all. Taste Australia's pioneering past, as you enjoy a beer and some outback delights at the do-it-yourself Outback BBQ, and swap stories of your day's adventures. Alternatively, opt for the peace and quiet of the Bough House Restaurant. The Voyages Outback Pioneer Hotel & Lodge is ideal for those who want to enjoy all that Ayers Rock (Uluru) has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your Outback Pioneer Hotel & Lodge, Ayers Rock Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Outback Pioneer Hotel, Ayers Rock Hotel Yulara
- Hotel Outback Pioneer
- Outback Pioneer Hotel & Lodge, Ayers Rock Resort Australia/Yulara