We stayed at Emu Walk Apartments for several days. The apartment was conveniently close to the "town centre" with the IGA, a coffee shop run as a training ground for locals, and a gathering spot. The apartment had a great kitchen with all amenities so eating "in" was easy - no need for restaurants although the bountiful breakfast at Desert Gardens was included in the price.
Contrary to what I saw in another review, our air conditioning was working well at the same time with over 42 degree heat. Also our apartment was immaculately clean. The apartment was cleaned each day by a team of three young, efficient staff - and one would sing to herself quietly but beautifully as she worked, which I enjoyed hearing.
Parking is free. Internet only works at the hotel but really they should have internet in each apartment - there is no excuse not to put in an ethernet at least. The internet cost appears to be cheap but there is a data upload/download limit, it seems - my first $25 multi-day pass expired in 90'. Reception apologized and said they didn't know of a data limit and gave me a nice apology and a second $25 internet pass, which lasted about a day and a half.
One more complaint: they only give one key to an apartment. I asked why and was told people walk away with them. I offered to give a deposit but they said they don't have enough keys. That's silly: surely adults doing their own things during the day and night need their own separate keys!
We really enjoyed our stay at Emu Walk Apartments and I strongly recommend staying here. Sure, the apartments aren't luxurious but they are comfortable and, after all, the location is in a desert (correction: semi-arid region) where outside the inhospitability of the weather and terrain made me appreciate just having a comfortable home away from home.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Emu Walk Apartments are Voyages Ayers Rock Resort's self contained apartments.Sheltered behind gardens of native trees and forming a walkway through the heart of the Resort is an avenue of terraced apartments. Spacious and well equipped, the Voyages Emu Walk Apartments can cater for up to six people - ideal if you are holidaying with family or friends. All apartments are self-contained, with separate kitchen, living and bedroom areas.Located just minutes from the hub of the Resort, the Town Square, including mini supermarket and shops, these apartments provide everything you need to cook up a storm. Or, if you're not in the mood for cooking, you're nice and close to all of the fabulous resort restaurants, including Gecko's café. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Agoda, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Emu Walk Apartments, Ayers Rock Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Emu Walk Apartments, Ayers Rock Hotel Yulara
- Emu Walk Apartments, Ayers Rock Resort Australia/Yulara