First off let me say Uluru and Kata Tjuta (The Olgas) is a must for everyone to experience. Its a truly unforgettable experience. The big let down is the resort facilities. They are tired, tardy and suffering from TLC.Our first apartment was 209. It had a very strange odour about it and had an air conditioner that only ran at full speed, the noise of which was like an aircraft about to take off.(So much for "touch the silence"). There were large chips out of the corners of the walls from careless baggage navigation,edge veneers on cupboards missing and a very unwelcoming shabbiness about the whole apartment. After a sleepless night we complained and were moved to an apartment in which you could control the air con. This was 308 and a much better apartment. As this was the same price as 209 one has to wonder why 209 should have been let at all.There is still a very low budget feel to these apartments, which is certainly not reflected in the price. A spruce up and change of colour scheme would do wonders. The resort itself is reminiscent of a 70's university campus, and again its in desperate need of maintenance.
On the positive side the staff are wonderful, the food in the deli,the village restaurant and the take away is exceptionally good and well priced. Our deal with Emu Walk also included breakfast in the hotel dining room and this was exceptionally good as well.
When everything else with the area is so good its a shame that the resort dose not maintain the same excellent standard.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Emu Walk Apartments are Voyages Ayers Rock Resort's self contained apartments.Sheltered behind gardens of native trees and forming a walkway through the heart of the Resort is an avenue of terraced apartments. Spacious and well equipped, the Voyages Emu Walk Apartments can cater for up to six people - ideal if you are holidaying with family or friends. All apartments are self-contained, with separate kitchen, living and bedroom areas.Located just minutes from the hub of the Resort, the Town Square, including mini supermarket and shops, these apartments provide everything you need to cook up a storm. Or, if you're not in the mood for cooking, you're nice and close to all of the fabulous resort restaurants, including Gecko's café. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotwire, Agoda, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Emu Walk Apartments, Ayers Rock Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Emu Walk Apartments, Ayers Rock Hotel Yulara
- Emu Walk Apartments, Ayers Rock Resort Australia/Yulara