“What a great tour group!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of AAT Kings

and up
Uluru Base and Sunset Half Day Trip with Optional Outback Barbecue Dinner
Ranked #4 of 16 things to do in Yulara
More attraction details
Owner description: Want to escape, indulge, relax or explore while all the driving is done for you? On an AAT Kings Day Tour of Melbourne our friendly and engaging Driver Guides will bring each destination to life. AAT Kings Uluru Day Tours offers a range of half and full day tours that cover Uluru, Kata Tjuta and Kings Canyon plus a variety of Red Centre Connections.
Pokolbin, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“What a great tour group!”
Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

Amazing team! We did the sunrise & cultural walk with Ryan. He was great, so informative and personable. Very happy to answer any questions and just generally a really nice guy! The tour was absolutely wonderful, I would highly recommend anyone coming to see Uluru to do this tour! (And seriously, don't climb the rock!! I doubt you would like people climbing your church, so don't climb theirs!) I was impressed that Ryan spoke up to the ridiculous number of people that we constantly encountered who were off the path, taking photos where they shouldn't etc. It is really nice to see the guides do what they can to protect the site and be respectful. Too bad the issuance of passports don't come with a lesson in common courtesy/common sense and respect for other cultures.
We also did the Kings Canyon rim walk with Joanna. Again, what a great guide! Super knowledgeable about the area, the flora and fauna. Very approachable and happy to take a few pics of the guests :) we kept a nice pace and got 'bonus levels' for making good time. The bonus spots are worth it, so if you head out to kings canyon hopefully you have a group that's ready to move & stick together! The first 500 steps are not for the faint of heart, we did it in sections and it is tough but after that it's an easy walk and the views are worth every step!
The drivers were all great. They must take some sort of speaking classes, they're so clear; really annunciate well! Lou has the perfect voice for the morning departures, sooooothing! I think we had Andrew for kings canyon and Sid on our last sunrise run :) fantastic crew all around! Everyone had a great demeanour about them and a good sense of humour!
Thank you to the AAT team, we'll be looking you guys up as we travel a bit more in Australia!

1 Thank Aylin25
Raymond A, AAT Kings Marketing at AAT Kings, responded to this review, September 30, 2014
Hi Aylin25,

Thank you for such a lovely review! We're over the moon to hear that our team continues to provide such an unforgettable experience at the Red Centre.

Our team are very passionate about the region & are known for their knowledge and friendliness, as well as their respect for local traditions and culture. It's great to hear they're continuing to encourage our guests and other visitors to be respectful as well.

The Kings Canyon walk does require some effort, but is well worth it. There is also the Base Walk for those who want an easier walk with gorgeous views of the plantation and view of the rim above.

We're glad to hear that you had such a wonderful time. We look forward to welcoming you on board again soon!

Best wishes,

• Korean first
San Jose, California
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Australia's Rocks Rock!!!”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

-While staying at the Ayer's Rock Resort (Desert Garden Hotel), we went on 3 tours during our 3 day stay there (Sunset Camel/ Sunrise Uluru/ Sunset Kata Tjuta)...
-Words can't describe how amazing it is being up close & personal with nature's masterpieces. We lucked out & had clear skies for sunrise & sunset. Despite the fact that you will have to get up around 4am & tours last 5-7 hours our Australian Outback adventures were the highlight of our trip. Make sure to have bottled water with you at it's extremely hot in the Red Centre. Also, have on comfortable walking shoes as you will be on your feet all day & trekking on hard uneven surfaces...
-The AAT tour guides were a pleasure to be around as they are extremely professional with cheery personalities. The tours are well coordinated & the buses are state of the art so you're in the hands of a capable tour operator...

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Wesley T
Hi Wesley T,

We're glad to hear that your experience at the Red Centre was such an unforgettable one and that Mother Nature pulled put on a spectacular show. It certainly shows in your great photos! Our knowledgeable and friendly road crew love sharing this part of Australia with our guests, and it's no secret why - it's such a picturesque part of the world.

We've invested in updating our coaches to ensure our guests are comfortable on their journey with us, so it's great to hear that our new state-of-the-art on board facilities helped make your time with us a comfy one.

Thank you for your review & we hope to welcome you back soon.

Melbourne, Australia
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Professionals with a bit of personality”
Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

We went on a sunrise tour of Uluru and a sunset one of Kata Tjuta/Uluru. Drivers and guides on both really love what they do and were educational and friendly. We had a great day for sunrise and despite waking up at 4, really enjoyed the morning. The weather was a factor in the ho-hum sunset but the walk to Walpole Gorge more than made the tour. Just be aware that you will not get meals so organise yourself with supplies if you have young children.

1 Thank Redrosehorse
Hello Redrosehorse,

Thank you for your review of your Uluru Sunrise & Kata Tjuta Sunset tours.

We're always happy to hear that our knowledgeable and friendly team made both experiences so enjoyable. The morning wake up for Uluru sunrise is rather early, but certainly worth it for the stunning views!

Thank you for travelling with us & we hope to welcome you on board again soon.

Adelaide, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Don't book through Escape Travel!”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

I was a solo visitor to Uluru/King's Canyon, 3-4 days - booked all tours/air/accomm through Escape Travel. When I arrived, went to AAT tours to confirm my tours - the tours I paid for didn't exist! I spent my first day sorting through the mess - I have no qualms with AAT, all blame laid on Escape Travel. They do not deal direct with the travel tours, they go through yet another carrier, Infinity - so everyone is laying blame on the other, instead of apologising and getting it sorted. At the end of the debacle, I demanded my money back for payment of a tour that didn't exist and was told by Escape Travel "as a show of goodwill(!!!) they will refund my money for that tour". Unbelievable!!! They owed me that money! When asked for some compensation for ruining my holiday, say an upgrade of my hotel room, or complimentary breakfast - I was told they could take that out of my "goodwill" refund!!! Never, ever again would I go through Escape Travel again, and I am telling everyone I know.

Visited October 2013
3 Thank Frances d
Raymond A, AAT Kings Marketing at AAT Kings, responded to this review, September 29, 2014
Dear Frances d,

We're so sorry to hear that you had such a terrible experience trying to book with Escape Travel.

It's disappointing to hear that you weren't looked after by them, or Infinity. Our friendly Reservations team are always happy to assist our guests any way we can. You can always book an AAT Kings holiday directly with our team if you ever feel a lack of confidence with a travel agent. That said, Escape Travel have been known for their fantastic customer service, so to hear of your negative experience is a concern.

Thank you for raising this with us & we hope that you were able to make alternative arrangements with another agent.

Renesse, The Netherlands
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 128 helpful votes
“Very well organized and great guides”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

While staying in Ayers Rock Resort I did 4 guided trips with them. They are very well organized with good timings and some information in the room the day before certain trips. The guides are all very informative and have a good knowledge about the area and history with many interesting facts and stories about the aboriginals. They are good company, fun and safety briefings are a standard part of each trip. I did the Uluru sunset and sunrise; the sunset was not spectacular at all but there is enough (sparkling) wine and snacks to keep you entertained. For the Kings Canyon and the Kata Tjuta trip there are several options subject to your fitness level so there is always a suitable solution for all participants. They organize many more trips and can highly recommend them. Although it took far too long to reply my booking request per mail, the moment you are on a trip with them you are in very good and safe hands!

Visited November 2013
Hello LGKnature,

Thank you for your review of the 4 holiday experiences you've had with us. It sounds like each of your day tours with us were fantastic!

The sunrise and sunset varies daily for our guests, with many disputing that the sunset is more spectacular than the sunrise & vice versa. At least the sparkling wine & snacks kept you in good spirits despite Mother Nature taking a break on your sunset tour.

Thanks again for your review & we hope to see you again soon.