“A Thorough Look at an Impressive Rock”
Review of AAT Kings

$118.89*
Uluru Guided Base Walk
Ranked #5 of 15 things to do in Yulara
More attraction details
Owner description: Want to escape, indulge, relax or explore while all the driving is done for you? On an AAT Kings Day Tour of Melbourne our friendly and engaging Driver Guides will bring each destination to life. AAT Kings Uluru Day Tours offers a range of half and full day tours that cover Uluru, Kata Tjuta and Kings Canyon plus a variety of Red Centre Connections.
Reviewed August 23, 2013

When we left Alice Sprngs on a four day trip to Yulara to see Uluru, the Olgas, and Kings Canyon, we thought our tour group would remain together and some cameraderie would develop, but in fact only a small number remained together for the four days, and this distracted from the social aspect of the trip.
The Uluru section was the high point of the whole trip. We saw Uluru at sunset, Uluru at sunrise, and Uluru at midday. I don't think we missed any aspect. We changed buses, and changed drivers several times but they were all knowledgeable and interesting. A very thorough visit to a place that we are unlikely to ever visit again

Raymond A, AAT Kings Marketing at AAT Kings, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2014

Hello Richard Q,

Thank you for reviewing your holiday with us.

Our short Break holidays are made up of our Day Tours, so each tour may have different guests and/or Driver Guides. This allows our guests to customise their holiday experience with us. It's a great way of meeting some new faces and sharing experiences with various guests for the duration of your holiday!

We're happy to hear that you've experienced the multitude of colours of Uluru at different times of the day. It's a stunning sight that we're sure would be impressive at any time of day!

Thanks again for your review.

Kind regards,

Reviewed July 30, 2013

I purchased several tours through AAT Kings - I think the largest tour operator in Uluru. I arrived on a Thursday afternoon, and had time to join the Uluru Sunset tour that night. The weather was perfect the 3 days I was there, which made the tours even more incredible. The sunset at Uluru was more spectacular than I could have imagined. It really is true that the colors shift and change throughout the 15 minutes or so of sunset. AAT Kings provides wine, champagne, etc and snacks (crackers and cheese, tortilla chips, veggies) so you can sip and stare at this magical/spiritual rock.

The second day I had to be up for a 4:50 am pick-up for the Kings Canyon tour. Kings Canyon is about 3 -4 hours drive from Uluru. We stopped along the way at Kings Creek Cattle Station for breakfast (eggs, bacon, toast, coffee). Once arriving at Kings Canyon, we started a 3 hour climb/hike, beginning with a 500 stair climb (ouch). The views, rock formations, and Garden of Eden (a tropical oasis right in the middle of the canyon) were truly inspiring. We crossed through “Priscilla’s Crack” – a skinny passage through the rocks where they filmed a scene from Priscilla Queen of the Desert. After the hike we had lunch at the Kings Canyon resort before heading back to Yulara. This is a long day, but is really a worthy tour if you have a chance.
My third day featured another early rise for a 6:15 am pick up to view Sunrise at Uluru followed by a guided cultural tour and hike around the base. We were blessed with perfect weather again and the sunrise was just beautiful. The cultural hike around the base was fascinating and the tour guide was exceptional.
My final tour (later that afternoon) was a hike through Kata Tjuta (the other "rock" formation near Uluru/Ayer's Rock). The bus had mechanical issues and we had to wait for a replacement bus, which only took about 30 minutes. As a result we had to skip the more treacherous part of the Kata Tjuta hike in order to return to the sunset viewing point. The sunset at Kata Tjuta was as spectacular as the one at Uluru - colors, colors, colors.... There is something deeply spiritual about this part of the world, and you feel it everywhere you turn if you choose to tap into that part of yourself.
One final comment about AAT Kings - these tours are pricey, but worth it to me especially since I was traveling solo. All of the tour guides were excellent.

3  Thank kmccolli

Dear kmccolli,

Thank you for such a great review of your several tours with us!

Uluru is such a captivating and spiritual region, it's hard not to be taken by the scenery which is unlike anywhere else on earth. It's always great to hear from our guests that they've had such an unforgettable experience with us and that the region has had such an effect on them.

Mother Nature certainly put on quite the show with perfect weather & the stunning sunsets over Uluru and Kata Tjuta! Thanks for sharing your various photos. It's great to see you've created some fantastic lifelong memories, but I hope it won't be too long until you return to the region!

Thanks again for your review & we hope to welcome you on board again soon.

Safe travels & kind regards,

Reviewed July 30, 2013

I went on this tour because the travel agent at my local flight centre told me this is the thing that people who went to Uluru did and told him that they really enjoyed it. My wife and I went and we enjoyed it a lot. I got some Great photos of ayers rock at sunset and the food and company at dinner were great. All the staff were helpful and great and I enjoyed this a lot.

1  Thank simon O

Hello simon O,

Thank you for posting your review of our Sunset BBQ tour.

It's great to hear that you had such a great time, and that your travel agent's recommendation was so useful.

Thank you for sharing your great photos. Feel free to share them on our Facebook page as well!

Kind regards and thanks again for traveling with us,

Reviewed July 30, 2013

This was one of the highlights of my trip. I just loved the BBQ the staff were very helpful particularly Joanna and Boris the bus driver. The food staff were courteous and friendly. We sat at a table with a couple from the US and two ladies, sisters who were from Melbourne. The conversation was great topics varied. We were able to get as much food as we liked and as a coeliac I was advised of "safe" foods for me I appreciated this as catering staff do not always think of these issues. Joanna did a star search which was great. Also you,could have as much to drink as you wanted. I don't drink but I know those on the trip who did appreciated it was quality wines not just cardboard stuff. Full marks and thank you.

1  Thank Allyson O
Raymond A, AAT Kings Marketing at AAT Kings, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2014

Hi Allyson O,

Thanks for your review of our Sunset BBQ at Uluru. We've had such an overwhelming response from many of our happy guests that the BBQ and star gazing was such an incredible experience.

We're very fortunate to be the only tour operator allowed in Kakadu National Park after hours, so it's a true treat to put on a great BBQ spread and drinks for our guests.

Our road and BBQ crew love sharing great stories and a laugh with our guests, as well as preparing some great food before the heavens put on a stunning light show. Joanna's knowledge and experience truly make star gazing in Uluru a special experience.

We have many guests with specific dietary needs, so we ensure that everyone is looked after.

Thanks again for your review & we hope to welcome you back to Uluru again soon!

Regards,

Reviewed July 29, 2013

We stayed in Uluru for 4 nights and did daily trips with AAT to all the sights. The guides & drivers were all wonderful. Very informative and attentive. We thoroughly enjoyed all the tours we did with them and would recommend them highly. Thanks Adam & Isaac for some wonderful memories of our tour.

2  Thank maria5714

Dear maria5714,

Thank you for sharing your experience of your various day tours in Uluru with us. It's always a good feeling to hear from our guests, particularly when we know we've made your journey with us an unforgettable one.

Adam and Isaac will be chuffed with your comments. We're glad to know they helped make the tour so enjoyable and informative.

Thanks again for traveling with us & sharing your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you on board again!

Thanks and regards,