“Great restaurant and friendly staff.”

Red Ochre Grill Restaurant Alice Springs
Ranked #19 of 94 Restaurants in Alice Springs
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Red Ochre Grill Restaurant Alice Springs is fully licensed with innovative & exciting dishes specialises in Australian seafood, Australian game meat, bush food and regional Australian cuisine. Dine in the vine covered courtyard or inside in air-conditioned comfort.The restaurant is tastefully decorated in the colours of the outback, featuring a gallery of world-class panoramic photos of Central Australia taken by Ken Duncan.The Red Ochre Grill Restaurant is situated in the heart of the Todd Mall is open 7 days 6.30am - 9pm for breakfast, lunch, dinner or for just a great cup of coffee. EARLY BIRD DINNER OFFER : 20% off your food dinner bill when dining in the Red Ochre Grill Courtyard. Must contact restaurant before 6pm. Courtyard reservations 6 to 6.45pm and order placed before 7pm. Not available on spilt bills, Sundays or Public Holidays. This discount may not be used in conjunction with any other offer. Closed Christmas Day.
Reviewed July 20, 2014

We recently dined here twice while visiting Alice. The staff were very friendly and accommodating and the food was really good.

There are newer reviews for Red Ochre Grill Restaurant Alice Springs

Reviewed July 17, 2014

Liked this restaurant on our visit to Alice last year, especially the croc spring rolls, various small changes.
Croc spring rolls not quite as good.
Waitress staff mainly 3/6 month workers, but excellent on the whole. So either very good staff selection or goodtraining/supervision.
Breakfast seemed to be under staff, but they still appeared cheerful and helpful.
Food still generous and tasty.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

This was the restaurant "attached" to my hotel, and since it was dark and wet, and I had just arrived, I did not bother to explore further for that night. My first problem was actually finding it, as it was through the car park, entering by a door which I eventually found but which looked like a brick wall! It was a cool / cold night so I did not wish to eat outside, in the rather empty courtyard, but the staff implied that since I had not booked they had no other spaces inside. Initially they plonked me (that is the only word for it) on a table by the door and said they'd get back to me. After 10 minutes, when it was obvious it was far too cold to sit by the ever opening door, and having seen that there were some tables available, since I had up to then been ignored, I got up and asked to speak to the boss.... I didn't to him, but at least that waiter listed to my requirements for a table (not in in a draught and with a good light so I could see to read, as one does when one is dining alone), I was finally put on a table which suited me. But then I had to wait for some time to be served, and get a drink, but I will admit that when the food finally came it was very good. Memory tells me I had barramundi, a fish I have very much acquired the taste for! I did have to wait some time for a second glass of wine which I requested part way through the meal, but then I was left in peace for as long as I wished to stay in the restaurant. I was not aware that this was chain restaurant, but it did not surprise me to find out that it was, though when I finally got to eat it was perfectly good. Staff were inexperienced, seemed overwhelmed and rushed around somewhat pointlessly, which even on a busy night is unhelpful. It seems that most are work experience students which says it all really.

Reviewed July 13, 2014

We enjoyed an interesting tray of local foods like kangaroo, goat, camel and the best pavlova we had the whole trip, and we ran into it often. Friendly staff, average setting.

Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

We dined here some 18years ago and food and service was excellent. Our lunch here recently was disappointing. If you eat outside you have to order the food at the bar. The staff were busy and struggled with service even when the place was a quarter full. The roo burger featured tough kangaroo with supermarket salad and tasteless tomato. My partners salad was dressed with a commercial sweet chilli sauce not the wild lime dressing as promised. I think my daughters Nachos was the best meal. I hope the owners can find their joy again in providing unique food and great service to customers in Alice as they once did.