“Below average”

Ranked #66 of 95 Restaurants in Alice Springs
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 12, 2014

Family of four - entree came out quickly and was ok, however we had to ask where our mains were after 45 minutes - first family in for dinner but one of the last to be served. Another couple also waited an hour for their meal. Meals ok - chimichanga is nothing like the Mexican meal should be.

Reviewed June 11, 2014

We happened by this place purely by accident but we were glad we did. We had to make a reservation during the day and were seated without any fuss. The orders were taken and within a short time our meal was served. I must say that the porterhouse steak was done to perfection. There were 4 of us with differing stages of cooking. Even my wife who is a fussy eater realy enjoyed her steak. Ewell done STUMPS. We will be back next time we are in the Alice.

Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

Central location in Alice.
Meals quite affordable considering it's basically a hotel restaurant.
Specials are recommended, 1kg ribs on Mondays for $18 are fantastic. Do not at any point in time to order a steak. This experience was one in a lifetime, ordered the sirloin and was served in 5 minutes. Looks were fantastic, however addressed my concerns regarding resting time for the meat with the waitress. She said the chef wanted to serve me before the large groups were being served. As a result, tough meat, my medium request was turned into rare and I assume due to alice springs location you could tell that the steak was defrosted.
Anyway, some meals are very nice and the wine list is extensive with markups in some cases than less than 20% if you buy by the bottle.

Reviewed June 2, 2014

This place is a joke. I came here in a group of 6, there were no tables inside so we sat outside but they forgot about us. We sat there for 15 mins before they brought us our menus. Once we had ordered they brought us someone else's meal and the waitress was extremley confused and had no idea who it belonged too. My partner and I ordered a dozen Kirkpatrick oysters & ribs to share. They brought us half a dozen of cold Kirkpatrick oysters so we sent them back and said we ordered a dozen. They were disgusting!! They were BBQ sauce and Some had no bacon at all. The ribs were nice but we were told that there was enough for two people - there wasn't! It also said they came with chips.. It should say 5 chips to be exact!! I asked for a drink when our mains came out and still had not received it after we finished. I was extremely disappointed with everything about our experience tonight and will never eat here again.

1  Thank Shannoncon
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Recently ate at this establishment. Main meal was clearly explained to me by the waitress but when it came out it was not what I had ordered from the menu nor explained to me. The same waitress took it back to the kitchen but when she returned with the same food I was told that "this is what it is supposed to be" and then proceeded to plonk it on the table and walk off.
It was late, I was hungry so it tasted okay. As this was my 3rd consecutive bad experience (twice 6 months ago) I will not be back.