“A nice but remote place to stay in Alice Springs”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Alice Springs
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Alice Springs
GreenLeadersGold level
San Francisco, California
“A nice but remote place to stay in Alice Springs”
Reviewed June 21, 2014

This is a very clean and nice hotel. But it is not centrally located to town. The rooms are good size and comfortable and the staff is very helpful. I did not like that breakfast is served only until 10 and then there is no food service until dinner. This is especially disappointing given there are no other restaurants nearby. The hotel should have food service throughout the day.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
CF-ASPDA, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Alice Springs, responded to this review, June 22, 2014
Dear Munro1954,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am happy to hear that you were comfortable, well looked after, and found our staff to be friendly. Our hotel is only located a short distance of 2.1km from the town centre, which is a 20min walk or 5min drive.
Our Springs breakfast restaurant is open from 6:30am to 10am weekdays and 11am weekends and I am sorry this did not suit your needs. We do have room service available if you require to dine outside of these time frames or prefer to eat in your room.
There are two restaurants within the hotel, Hanuman's and The Deck Eatery and Bar Restaurant. Hanuman's is open for lunch between the hours of 12pm and 2:30pm for lunchtime dining and 6:30pm until late for dinner dining. The Deck Eatery and Bar Restaurant is open from 11am until late.
We believe there is adequate dining available through the day (from breakfast through to lunch and dinner and late night dining) to cater to most people's needs whilst they stay at our hotel and I apologise if the services available did not meet your needs.
We hope to see you see return to stay with us in the future should your travels bring you back to Alice Springs.

General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Murray Downs, Australia
Reviewed June 18, 2014

I was booked in for a king with a view. The room was spectacular. It was my birthday and I was hoping to enjoy my stay. The aircon didn't work so I had no heat for myself and my daughter. We were moved to an average disabled room with no comfort. A little disappointed but I would still return as the staff were accommodating and this was the last room left.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

CF-ASPDA, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Alice Springs, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Dear Amanda P,

Thank you for taking a few moments to leave a review. I am very sorry to hear that you experienced difficulties with the room cooling and had to be relocated to another room that you found to be less than comforting. I'm glad our staff were friendly and helpful and I do hope you enjoyed your birthday. We would love to welcome you back to the DoubleTree in the future and to create a rewarding experience for you.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Only stayed the one night, en route to Darwin. Rooms and linen, very clean, also quiet. I guess the rooms themselves could do with updating. Staff extremely helpful and handy gym available, breakfast good. Not bad value in the scheme of things.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
CF-ASPDA, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Alice Springs, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Dear Heather H,

Thanks for posting this review. I'm glad you had a nice stay and found our hotel to be clean and comfortable. I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.

Crewkerne, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 15, 2014

Reception area is clean and abnormally large. Our room was in an annexe and a reasonable trudge with our cases past the pool. The room itself was clean but quite tired and in need of refurbishment. Breakfast was busy but okay.
The hotel is a fair distance from anything

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
CF-ASPDA, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Alice Springs, responded to this review, June 15, 2014
Dear MyOpinion22014,

Thanks for taking the time to write this review. I hope that you enjoyed your stay. All the best to you in your travels and please come back and see us if you're ever back in the area.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed June 15, 2014

My wife and I stayed in the Hilton at Alice Springs for two nights in June. The rooms are starting to show their age but they are very clean and the staff very friendly and helpful. The restaurant was excellent (interesting Asian menu well cooked and presented). Although the hotel is a little away front the CBD that may be a blessing as it is in a quiet area.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear 1KB56,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I'm glad you found the DoubleTree by Hilton to be comfortable, clean and staff very friendly. You are right, we are in a nice quiet part of Alice Springs, only 2.1 km from the town centre, a quick 5 minute drive or 20 minute walk.

I think you may be referring to the Hanuman's restaurant with the 'interesting Asian menu'. The restaurant is separate from of our hotel and they have their own TripAdvisor page that you can leave feedback on here: http://www.tripadvisor.com.au/Restaurant_Review-g255063-d725492-Reviews-Hanuman_Alice_Springs-Alice_Springs_Red_Centre_Northern_Territory.html

I'm glad you enjoyed your time here and I hope we can welcome you back in the future.

Melbourne
Reviewed June 14, 2014

Situated on the opposite side of the dry river bed to town and around 20 minutes walk. It's a nice walk during the day but you would not do this at night as there are always drunks hanging around the riverbed.
Nothing to complain about here. Perfectly clean; pretty quiet; nice little verandah. It's not luxurious though, and the architecture of the hotel is really ugly. In such an incredible setting you would think there would be an amazing building, but like Alice springs in general, no one seems to have wanted to make this investment.
The service here is pretty good though. Apart from no one offering to take our bags to our room - quite a long way away from reception - we otherwise had good service from the front desk.
The restaurant onsite - Hanuman - is good and reasonably priced. You need to book as it is probably the best restaurant in Alice.
The spa in the gym is broken and I heard that it has been broken for a long time. That's probably not good enough.
In a town where there is not much choice of good hotels, I think the Doubletree is a reasonable decision especially if you can use some points and get a bargain room.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dear louloubelle,

Thank you for taking a few moments to leave a review.
We have completed a number of upgrades at our hotel and have lots more planned for the future.
I do hope you enjoyed your stay and I apologise that our porter was not available to assist you with your bags.
The Hanuman's restaurant is not a part of our hotel but is in fact separately run, you can leave feedback for them here on their TripAdvisor page: http://www.tripadvisor.com.au/Restaurant_Review-g255063-d725492-Reviews-Hanuman_Alice_Springs-Alice_Springs_Red_Centre_Northern_Territory.html

You mentioned that the spa in the gym is broken, which is not true. It is actually a plunge pool in the gym, which is suppose to be cool and used when hopping out of the Sauna. I hope this clarifies things for you.

Bergen, Norway
Reviewed June 13, 2014

My wife and I stayed at the hotel for a night when we were touring Austrialia in a Scandinavian group. Alice Springs is widespread, and the hotel is situated some distance from "downtown". The rooms were spacious and well equipped. The dinner at the in-house China restaurant was very good.
The breakfast had an acceptable number of choices.
The checking out next morning did not hold the same quality as the rest of the stay, and we had to wait for quite a while.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear KnutPG,

Thank you for taking a few moments to leave a review, I hope you and your wife enjoyed your travels through our lovely outback. Our hotel is only located 2.1km from the town centre which is a short 20min walk or 5 min car drive.
I'm glad you enjoyed the Hanuman's restaurant, they are not actually a part of our hotel and have their own TripAdvisor page, so please feel free to leave them feedback here: http://www.tripadvisor.com.au/Restaurant_Review-g255063-d725492-Reviews-Hanuman_Alice_Springs-Alice_Springs_Red_Centre_Northern_Territory.html

I apologise if the check-out process was a little slow for your liking, being a part of a group booking can sometimes take longer processing the paperwork.