“I would recommend and stay again”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Alice Springs
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Alice Springs
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed June 3, 2014

Stayed here for two nights 31/5 and 1/6. I have to say I had a good stay, the reception staff were always courteous and polite. They know who you are as I was travelling by myself catching up with old friends. I would arrive back in the evenings and the staff always greeted me. The room mountain view king was very clean, warm and quiet and very comfortable. Housekeeping were the most efficient I have ever experienced. My only issue was receiving my Hilton Honours Welcome letter which referred to me as Mr instead of Mrs and I was given two room keys. My reservation was for 1 guest only, my hilton honours membership name is clearly female. More attention to detail would be encouraged. I did bring it up when I checked out and was met with a confused look.
Needless to say I did have a relaxing stay very comfortable and I will return! Thank you Doubletree Alice Springs.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Cheryl S
CF-ASPDA, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Alice Springs, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2014

Dear Carltongirl,

Thank you for your kind review. I am thrilled to hear that you were comfortable and well looked after by our Housekeeping Staff and greeted kindly by our lovely Front Desk Staff.
I do sincerely apologise for the typo in your Hilton Honors welcoming letter and please be assured this has been corrected.
I'm glad you had such a relaxing stay and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

There are newer reviews for DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Alice Springs

Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at this property a couple of times over the last couple of years and find it a great base when in Alice for business. I was thoroughly impressed with the service on this recent stay. Having stayed just over a week the staff quickly learnt who I was and each evening knew what I was drinking prior to ordering my meal at the Deck Eatery. The hotel is a little dated however there are noticeable upgrades since my last visit and it appears some work still in progress. I find this hotel a great base in Alice Springs and a perfect home away from home due to the great service offered. Thank you DoubleTree!

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Dear kiwilovetravel,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review here on TripAdvisor. I am happy to hear that you had a comfortable stay and that the team looked after you well. We take pride in creating a rewarding experience for each of our guests.
You are correct, our hotel is continually undergoing renovations and improvements to meet the needs and comforts of our guests.
I look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed June 2, 2014

We enjoyed the holiday we had in Alice Springs made especially memorable by our stay at the Double Tree which was very relaxing. We would stay there again. The pool and surrounds looked very nice but it was too cool for a swim.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear M1533BQjohnb,

Thanks for taking the time to write your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we made it memorable for you. I agree that lately the weather in Alice Springs has been a bit chilly for a swim, and I hope we see you back again in the summer time so you can enjoy our very relaxing solar heated pool.

Reviewed May 30, 2014

I had to spend two weeks in Alice Springs, Australia, and knew that this hotel may not be considered the best in town, but at least I would get Hilton night credits. It's not bad by any means. The pool is nice, the view of the MacDonnell Range is okay though if I did it over again I'd not spend the extra for the view and stay in a garden view room instead. I found the bed comfortable. The TV could have used a few more channels. The room lighting is a bit dim for my taste. The bathroom is dated and the tub is really slippery when wet and a definite safety hazard. The desk chair and the balcony chairs are uncomfortable. The maid service is a bit inconsistent. Some days I would come back to the room and the maid had adjusted the thermostat to "meat locker" temperature. Some days the furniture that I had rearranged to suit would be moved. I'm sure the room was not vacuumed thoroughly daily, and sometimes the coffee cups were not refreshed. I ate once in the restaurant for breakfast but did not get the buffet ($25AUD for a continental breakfast!) and it was okay. The hotel is relatively convenient to town, and is a great base for walking the path along the Todd River or to the Olive Pink Botanic Garden or to the nearby casino. The front desk staff are very pleasant and competent.

For me the biggest drawback to the hotel was the lack of free wireless internet. The front desk person when I checked in told me that it would be $27AUD a night to get connected. It really prevented me from getting business accomplished. The free internet availability in the lobby was useless (20 minutes or 20 MB, whichever comes first -- really??). I might have given a 4-star rating except for this. The nearby Lasseters Hotel Casino has free wireless throughout the property, so there really is no excuse for the Doubletree not having it also.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Elanor_69
CF-ASPDA, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Alice Springs, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2014

Dear Elanor_69,

Thanks for taking the time to leave some feedback. I am sorry that you were disappointed with the view from your room. I appreciate your feedback regarding the housekeeping issues you encountered and please be assured I have passed on this feedback to our housekeeping staff.
In regards to our internet, we do have the free wifi in the lobby and and there is also a Business Centre with free 24/7 internet access as well. I apologise if our staff did not inform you of this option.

Reviewed May 30, 2014

The worst run Hilton in the world. Rooms are antiquated, staff are rude and ignorant especially the bar staff, this hotel needs a total revamp and all staff need to be retrained in customer service. Would never recommend this hole and will never stay here again.

Room Tip: Do not stay here
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Christine R

Dear chrissieryan60,

Thank you for taking the time to post on TripAdvisor, sharing feedback from your stay with us this past weekend. I appreciate your feedback regarding the hotel and are sorry that we fell short of your expectations. I am pleased to advise that we are continually investing back into the property and currently have a number of projects under way to improve our overall guest experience.

Your feedback regarding our Deck Eatery Restaurant and Bar is disappointing to read. I was in the hotel restaurant on the evening for which your comments relate to. At approximately 10:30pm the restaurant team advised remaining tables (approximately three tables) that the venue would be closing, following last drinks at 10:45pm. At approximately 10:55pm I believe yourself and partner entered the restaurant and wished to enjoy a beverage. Unfortunately due to the prior call made at 10:30pm the restaurant team were finishing formalities for the evening. Following advice of this, I witnessed some rather concerning language directed towards my team from your husband which was witnessed throughout the hotel lobby, unfortunately causing our restaurant supervisor extreme emotional distress.

The Deck Eatery Restaurant and Bar is open 7-days from 11:00am until late. Once patrons have completed dining and after meal beverages for the evening the restaurant generally closes. I am sorry that this caused upset to your husband. I believe that you visited the Alice Springs Casino which offers a night club open until the early hours.

Thank you again for posting on Trip Advisor, I am sorry that our Deck Eatery and Bar restaurant had closed earlier than you had expected on this occasion and do hope that you will reconsider staying with us again in the future.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

We felt this hotel was more geared to large organised holiday groups than to one family travelling independently. They didn't seem to care much when we felt let down by the service we received. And the pool ISN'T heated, whatever it says on the website.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Emily W

Dear Emily W,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am very sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your stay and that you and your family did not feel accommodated for by our staff. We aim to make all our guests feel welcomed and cared for and I apologise that we did not meet your service expectations.
In regards to our pool, it is solar heated to 22 degrees celsius to meet most people's comfort needs. I do appreciate your feedback and please be assured I have passed on your concerns to our maintenance department for further investigation.

General Manager.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

Great location, really good views and an ideal base from which to explore the red Heart of Australia. Facilities are good, the pool very relaxing and the range of nearby attractions superb. If thinking of staying in The Alice, the DoubleTree won't let you down.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Dear Steve K,

Thank you kindly for your thoughtful review. We are delighted that you felt comfortable and well looked after while you were with us.
I do hope you enjoyed your outback adventure and I am so glad that you ended it on a high note with us. I hope you will stop in to see us again if you should travel back through Alice Springs.