“front desk”

GreenLeadersGold level
Darwin, Australia
“front desk”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

At 8.00am there was only one young lady and a trainee[with poor English] on duty. There were 2 x tours trying to check out as well as normal travellers like myself. The young lady also was answering phones and doing the reception work at the same time. She did a fantastic job for your company, but the lack of staff annoyed a lot of the international tourists who where frustrated with the delays associated with the lack of check out staff.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

1 Thank Paul A
CF-ASPDA, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Alice Springs, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Dear Paul A,

Thanks for taking the time to leave some feedback. I will certainly follow up the feedback with our Front Desk Manager to make sure we are staffing accordingly.

I do hope that your stay was otherwise comfortable and all the best to you in your travels.

Yours Sincerely,

Clinton Farley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

Although a little tired looking, this hotels represents good value.

We had a suite room with good views.

Having the Hanuman restaurant is a bonus. The breakfast wasn't impressive but the positives far outweigh the negatives.

Would stay again.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank bruceSydney
Dear bruceSyndey,

Thanks for taking a few moments to leave a review! The views really are quite lovely aren't they? I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and I hope you were well looked after. We are looking forward to lots of upgrades around the hotel so I do hope you will visit us again if your travels bring you back through Alice Springs.

Europe
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014

Arrived off plane at about noon to find a US rambling style Hilton resort hotel rather than the more usual European type where my room “could not be guaranteed until 15.00”…… yet their only three check ins that followed in the next hour were all given rooms immediately and I got “sorry your room is not ready but I have found another” when I asked, politely, after an hour what was happening!

The swimming pool area is great (watch the sun it is brutal) and the bar man a delight (also doubles as restaurant waiter I believe!) before I tried the restaurant which at 16.30 was, as you would expect empty! I had the best gazpacho outside of Spain and a reasonable Barramundi (are they really flown in from Thailand as I was told the next day?) with excellent side of “real” chips not those defrosted ones all served by great staff!

The room was large and comfortable but, to my mind, like the rest of the hotel a little tired….the bathroom excellent except for the usual Hilton bath which is more like a foot bath.
Internet was 27.50 AUD for a limited amount of (so called high speed but did not find it so even at 03.00) data (seemingly equivalent to one rugby game missing out preamble, skipping half time and ending at the end of the match!) when you are allowed to continue at a slower (I do mean slow) speed for up to 24 hours from commencement. Fair enough!

Out on trip to Ayers Rock (Uluru) which I would advise against as for 19 hours of your life you are crammed into a coach with fairly unsociable people, given endless stories about the Maoris and the passing flora and fauna all for a very good BBQ and 20 minutes while the sun goes down…..

Returned to find an extra two hours of late check-out was going to cost me an extra 40 AUD and that my room had been cleaned in so far as the bed was made and coffee cup cleaned…..everything else (including spoon and water glass) had been left where it was and the towel, left on the bed, hung over a seat at the desk to dry….”if not on towel rack or hook, we will replace”?

Listen I only paid 139 AUD (about £83) a night so did not expect miracles and did not receive many but it was OK and unlikely ever to be back here so eat it up and move on!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Dear Ustaritz,

Thank you for leaving a very thorough review about your stay. I will certainly follow up on the feedback that you gave with the team. I am happy to hear that your received good service at the restaurant and enjoyed your meals. I do hope your trip through the Outback was an enlightening one and worth while for you.

Darwin, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014

I had a wonderful stay. I loved the bed and the pillows - they made all the difference after a very busy day! The shower was great and overall it was a very comfortable stay. The food at Hanuman Restaurant was amazing and staff are very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Rima I,

Thanks for taking a few moments to leave a review here on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to hear that you were comfortable and well looked after during your stay. I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back the next time you're in Alice Springs!

All the Best,

via Alice Springs
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

I have been staying here for many years, and have already noticed improvements since Double Tree took over. The beds are comfortable, but it would be nice to have a pillow menu! The staff are very professional and always look after me very well. I hope the makeover does not take too long!

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
CF-ASPDA, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Alice Springs, responded to this review, February 23, 2014
Dear Hoss007,

Thanks for taking a few moments to leave a review, we really appreciate it! It's always great to hear from our wonderful locals! I am thrilled to hear that you were comfortable and well looked after - and that you have noticed the changes we have been making since we we opened as DoubleTree last May. We have already completed several upgrades and we have lots more planned!

All the best and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

england
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel as part of a tour group. We found the staff to be professional and helpful. I had lost my voice and tried to make a restaurant booking on arrival, somehow I was understood and later enjoyed a superb meal which we repeated the next night. The manageress was very kind offering honey and lemon drinks! and our waiter was very pleasant . The food was of an excellent standard, unusual for hotel catering.
Our room was clean and comfortable. We would certainly stay again if the opportunity arose. Thankyou for and excellent stay and kindness shown to us.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
CF-ASPDA, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Alice Springs, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Dear TileKiln,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review about your stay, and for your kind words. I am thrilled to hear that you received such great service while you were here! Looking after our guests' every need and making sure you are comfortable is our top priority.

I do hope you're feeling better by now! If your travels should happen to bring you back through The Red Centre, we would love to welcome you back.

All our best to you,

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

We stayed two nights at this hotel. If you are part of the Hilton Group expectations are risen. Unfortunately this hotel is not worth it. I am ok if a hotel is old or needs some refurbishment but it needs to be clean. This hotel is not clean at all!! There are dead insects ( not sure it looks like cockroaches) on the floors. The bathroom is not clean, tiles behind the toilet bah. When I wanted to fill in a comment form in the hotel, there was not any. They wanted me to write on a paper but since I thought this was easy throwing away I write it here. Also the fact that nobody helps you with your luggage is not very customer focused. Finally the restaurants in the hotel serve good food, breakfast however is not that good when you talk value for money. Upon arrival the chocolate cookie at the reception was nice and the when we arrived the receptionist were friendly, when we left this was not the case. I would not come here again!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Esther1606
CF-ASPDA, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Alice Springs, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Dear Esther1606,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your stay. I am very sorry to hear that you found your room to be below the standard for cleanliness. This is one of the areas we pride ourselves on. Please be assured that your feedback has been received and followed up.

If your travels should bring you back through Alice Springs, we would love an opportunity to welcome you back and make it right.