“Not great”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Alice Springs
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Alice Springs
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Doubletree is average accommodation and over priced for what you get. They missed some basic things and got our room wrong. The whole place is in need of a good face lift! Some staff were great, most average.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
CF-ASPDA, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Alice Springs, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Dear Sam T,

Thanks for taking a moment to leave a review. Among our top priorities is that our guests feel welcomed, comfortable, and that their needs are being attended to. I am very sorry that there were some details that were unattended to.

Please be assured that your feedback has been well received and will be followed up.

There are newer reviews for DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Alice Springs

Reviewed October 28, 2013

Got this hotel via lastminute.com.au. But got really disappointed when I got there. We got the service of the price we paid, not Hilton style. The rooms they have allocated for the mystery deal is the furthest you can have, you walk for probably 10 minutes to get there from the reception and it faces the carpark. Even though you may request King Bed, it seems only double beds are available. Asked front desk for the possibility to change rooms for king bed but they said because it was lastminute that was they had for us. I just got a bit disappointed because it was a special night for us. Anyway... the highlight was of course, the cookie they give you on check-in. That was to die for!!!

Dear Hanna R,

Thanks for taking a few moments to leave a review. And thanks also for taking some time to speak with my assistant to get this matter sorted out.

Sometimes the requested room configuration comes in from our partner websites at the very last minute and we have already sold out of the requested room. Still, I am sorry that you were disappointed.

I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back at some stage.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

Had a comfortable 2 night stay.We arrived from the Ghan at 10am and were delighted to be able to get in to our room straight away. We wanted to keep the room until 12 when we left, but were charged $25 per hour for this, which I felt was a bit much
The room was large, with a pleasant view over the golf course. Good quality linen and towels, very comfortable beds, well equipped bathroom
Had breakfast included in our package, and it was OK with a good choice of hot and cold. Took ages to get my decaf coffee though.
Hotel quite a long walk from the main town, but it was very quiet so I think situation was fine
Swimming pool large and well maintained.

Dear Levoyageur,

Thanks for taking a moment to leave a review here on TripAdvisor. I am thrilled that you had a comfortable stay and found the facilities and surroundings to be up to your standards. And what a great experience to take a trip on the Ghan!

Our hotel has a standard 12:00 noon check out time so I am not sure what happened with the charge, but if you would like my assistant to look into it further, please do not hesitate to contact the hotel and we will be happy to sort that out for you.

Thanks again and I hope to welcome you back sometime in the future.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

It was good to be able to make a booking before hand and arrive to find that everything was taken care of. This would be about the fourth time that I have stayed and each time has been of an excellent standard thank you

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear John J,

Thank you very much for leaving this short and sweet review of your stay! We appreciate you being a loyal guest and I am delighted to hear that each of your stays have been comfortable and enjoyable for you.

We look forward to welcoming you back when you are in town next time.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

The hotel is ok...public areas could do with an update but my room on the ground floor was spacious, the bed comfy and the pool looked lovely, although I sadly didn't have time to enjoy it. Breakfast was good and the juicer a nice touch. Location a bit far out and you need a taxi to get to shops and restaurants.

What I did NOT like was the fact that I got woken up by a man in a paint mask scraping the paint from the balustrade on my balcony! I was only wearing my nightwear and all I will say is I'm glad I'm not of a sensitive disposition!

I then went for breakfast, came back and my door was open! VERY disappointing. The man was still on my balcony which made me feel quite uneasy. To top it all off he then walked through my bedroom when he was finished! Disgusting.

I complained when I checked out and was advised to next time not book a room on the ground floor as that kind of thing can happen! A wine I had in my room was given to me complimentary but the whole experience left a rather bad taste in my mouth. I didn't feel safe and I didn't feel like my personal space was respected at all. Definitely wasn't a Hilton experience!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

Dear Claire M,

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. I am very sorry that you experienced some uneasiness with the maintenance that was taking place outside your room.

I will look into this matter and please be assured that it will be followed up. I do hope that we will have an opportunity to welcome you back in the future where we are able to extend to you the high level of service we strive to offer all of our guests.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed October 24, 2013

A lovely, clean hotel with all the mod cons I needed. I was given a room overlooking the golf course which provided a great view. The bed was very comfortable and I had a fantastic night's sleep. The in-room dining was top notch. The bathroom was very clean. Probably the only drawback I could think of (which wasn't a problem for me) is that this hotel is a little way out of the town of Alice Springs. It's not too far to walk in but some people may struggle in the heat. Apart from that, couldn't recommend it highly enough.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

Dear Alicia B,

Thank you so much for your lovely review and kind words! The views from this area of town are fantastic and I am so glad you enjoyed that.

You are right, as the weather heats up the walk into town will get a bit hot. Luckily we have a couple of great taxi services here in Alice and a ride almost anywhere in town is short and inexpensive.

Thanks again and we look forward to welcoming you back if you make it back to town!

Reviewed October 23, 2013

A very quick trip to Alice Springs and I have to say I was very pleased this hotel was selected for my stay. It is a little out of the Mall and central town area of The Alice, I think this is a good thing. Much quieter and removed from the Mall. The rooms are large, have all the amenities you require apart from free internet access, something that should be mandatory in all hotels of this standard. The room was clean and comfortable and provided a good nights sleep. The breakfast buffet was good though not fantastic. The bar area was pleasant and the outdoor area around the pool looks nice and relaxing. Unfortunately I did not get to utilize this area and have a swim but well presented as are the grounds. The staff were efficient and friendly
especially the staff in the breakfast restaurant area.
Love the gift shop, a great range and very reasonably priced.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear Trish4040,

Thank you so much for taking a few moments to leave a review. I am so glad that you found our 'off the beaten path' location to be relaxing and rejuvenating. Our number one priority is that our guests feel comfortable and well looked after when they have had a long day of travelling and I'm so glad that we hit that mark.

We are currently putting the finishing touches on the re-opening of the pool bar and our outdoor area. If your travels bring you back this way, we would love to welcome you back to enjoy some of the new things on offer.