“Great value accommodation and friendly staff”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Alice Springs
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Alice Springs
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

We recently visited Alice Springs to visit friends that had moved a few months prior. Staying at the DoubleTree was choice by finding a great online rate of $129 per night. From the moment we arrived we were greeted with warm, friendly service. The young receptionist, female with dark hair (Hope?) was most welcoming. While the in-room furniture is slightly dated as some others have mentioned the restaurants, facilities and service far outweighed that, after all we were there to enjoy Alice Springs and only used the room for a comfy nights sleep... We walked to town both days of our stay and it was a quick 15-minute journey one-way. The hotel is slightly out of town but located adjacent to the Alice Springs golf club which was handy for us to pop out for a quick round. It is also just up the road from the Casino and convention centre. DoubleTree seem to be doing some upgrade work since their changeover which is pleasing. When we were there they had stated painting the breakfast restaurant and the manager mentioned other works to be completed in the near future. Overall we found the DoubleTree to be great value for the price paid, excellent service and we loved the location of our room facing toward the McDonnell ranges. A++ also see my other on their restaurant Deck Eatery & Bar!

1  Thank kiwilovetravel
CF-ASPDA, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Alice Springs, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2013

Dear kiwilovetravel,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at DoubleTree by Hilton Alice Springs and for taking the time to post on TripAdvisor.

It always is pleasing to read a review in which we have thoroughly exceeded expectations and in particular receive a mention for a particular team member. I appreciate your kind comment regarding Hope and will ensure that she is personally recognised for her efforts.

Thank you again for posting and I do hope that we will see you back at DoubleTree by Hilton Alice Springs in the future.

Clinton Farley

Write a ReviewReviews (1,591)

Reviewed July 18, 2013

I stayed at the hotel 16 to 18 July for work and on the first night at about 8pm the smoke alarm battery went flat and kept going off so after replacing a few times they had to move me to another room? then I went to sit in the chair at the desk and a leg snapped off and I ended up on the floor? so not a good start at all. Overall the staff were friendly but not sure after this if I will return. A special thanks to the handy man who came straight away and fixed the screen door for me :)

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Dear MikeK157166,

I appreciate you taking the time to share on TripAdvisor and thank you for choosing to stay with us at DoubleTree by Hilton Alice Springs.

Thank you for bringing to my attention the smoke alarm which was beeping upon your arrival. I do apologise that we were unable to rectify this matter on the spot however are pleased to hear that we were able to offer an alternative room.

I further note your feedback regarding the desk chair and am sorry to hear that this gave way. Please be assured that we take guest safety and wellbeing extremely seriously and are now in the process of checking all desk chairs on top of our usual regular maintenance programme.

I will contact you via direct message so that you have my contact details. I encourage you to contact me directly on your next visit to the region as I would personally like to ensure your stay is a good one. We shall look forward to welcoming you back to Alice Springs.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Booked in and went to our no smoking room and of course it stunk of cigarette smoke so they moved us to a room that was supposed to be better and it was a room for handicapped people and you needed a degree to work the shower. We booked in for 2 nights but we got a phone call from reception after we had stayed one night asking us what time we would be out of our room. I explained we were staying 2 nights but they could not find our booking on the system. We sorted that out then went to dinner at the so called dining room and we ordered food only to look across the room and see the manager of the hotel with his dog in the dining room. Not allowed under all rules in Australia so this put us off our good. I feel the hotel is 1 star if that. The car park has no security and is poorly lit and many cars are broken into whilst people are staying at the hotel. The management take no responsibility for any of it and they do nothing to help. A very poor quality place to stay

2  Thank dannyvicki
CF-ASPDA, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Alice Springs, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Dear dannyvicki,

Thank you for taking the time to share on TripAdvisor, it is disappointing to read that your stay with us fell below your expectations. Please be assured that we appreciate all feedback as this assists us in improving our overall service and accommodation offerings.

I am sincerely sorry to read that upon arrival in your assigned room you were greeted by the smell of smoke. The property is 100% non-smoking indoors and this is something that my team should have picked up prior to your arrival, my apologies for this.

I do apologise for the confusion in relation to your departure date, this may have been due to two separate bookings being in the system ie: if you had booked one night initially and then a second this may not have been picked up by our team as a two night stay. Having said this, booking details are printed on our arrival registration cards and I am sorry that this was not confirmed with you at time of check-in with our front desk team member.

I appreciate your feedback regarding the dog you have mentioned. I can personally assure you that under no circumstance has the "managers dog" a small Bichon Frise visited the restaurant, however has visited the outdoor balcony a handful of times.

dannyvicki, I am sorry to understand that your vehicle was broken into during your stay with us, clearly this is concerning and an incident that we take extremely seriously. Immediately upon this being bought to the attention of our Duty Manager the incident was logged internally and the police contacted to conduct investigations. As you will be aware the police completed a full and thorough investigation including forensic testing and are continuing investigations into this. Please be assured that we greatly care for the wellbeing of all guests residing in the hotel however are unable to accept responsibility for damage to vehicles parked in the car park.

Thank you again for taking the time to post on TripAdvisor, I regret that we fell short of your expectations on this visit.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

As a family travelling within our own country we were anticipating a lower quality in the hotels we had booked in comparison to ones we have stayed at in Asia and Europe but were pleasantly surprised to find the rooms we had booked at The Doubletree by Hilton were warm, comfortable and clean with all the usual amenities and comfortable beds as well! The staff were extremely helpful, friendly and polite. Hanuman's restaurant located near the lobby was excellent, offering a combination of Thai and Indian inspired dishes that were tasty and authentic in their flavours. The only setback about the hotel in Alice Springs is that is located a good 20-25min walk from the town centre. If you have children I suggest walking one way and taking a taxi back home.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Nicole L,

I appreciate you taking the time to post on TripAdvisor to share your recent experience at DoubleTree by Hilton Alice Springs.

It is pleasing to read that you enjoyed your time with us and that you especially enjoyed the great service we strive to offer each and every guest whom stays with us. It is also pleasing to hear that you found our rooms comfortable and clean and that you enjoyed your dining experience in Hanuman restaurant. Hanumans is ranked as #1 restaurant on TripAdvisor in Alice Springs and a popular local restaurant.

As you have noted the hotel is approximately 15 minutes walk from the town centre and while this is a pleasant walk for some there is a great taxi service in Alice Springs that is also rather useful for those travelling without vehicles.

Thank you again for posting and I do hope that we will see you back in Alice Springs and the DoubleTree by Hilton again sometime in the near future.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

We stayed one night at this hotel before going to Ayers Rock resort. The room was large, but very old, not clean and staff was not helpful. Location was not convenient without a car. It's a 3 star hotel. I recommend people to stay near the town and pay less.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Wagyuu

Dear Wagyuu,

Thank you for taking a few moments to post on TripAdvisor to share feedback of your recent stay. Pleased be assured that your feedback is most sincerely received and has been reviewed with my team at the hotel.

It is our goal to ensure each and every guest whom stays with us experiences a memorable and enjoyable stay and it would appear that we fell short on this occasion.

I appreciate your feedback regarding the cleanliness of your room which is usually ranked very highly. To enable me to review this further I would greatly appreciate you Direct Messaging me further details, I will contact you via TripAdvisor.

Thank you again for posting and I do hope that your stay at Uluru was a pleasant experience.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Service was excellant, no towels in room, lot of noise from room next door, kept awake until midnight. Check in/out & room service excellant, breakfast ok didn't even get a coffee as I only found the coffee machine as I was leaving. Staff could have been more helpful at breakfast. Overall I enjoyed my stay & love the later check out time.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Joanne B,

Many thanks for posting on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay with us.

I do appreciate your feedback regarding insufficient towels being in your room upon arrival for your family and can assure you that I have addressed this with my team following your feedback via our guest satisfaction survey.

I further appreciate your feedback regarding the service in Springs breakfast restaurant and are pleased to advise that this has been reviewed following the commencement of our new Food and Beverage manager this past week. Coffee, juice and tea is now offered upon seating all guests in the restaurant.

It is our goal to ensure that each and every stay is a pleasant and memorable one and I do hope that you will allow us the opportunity to welcome you back at some stage in the future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed July 12, 2013

I stay in Hotels throughout the Territory on a regular basis (normally at the Casino in Alice)and Doubletree far outshines any I have stayed in. The service at checkin was amazing - thank you Daniel. I would not hesitate to recommend & stay again. My only negative would be the price of breakfasts. My room was spotless and more than comfortable.

Dear Taembro,

Thank you for taking the time to post on TripAdvisor, it was wonderful to read your review and hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. As a seasoned Northern Terriritory traveller it is also great to hear that we have also securred your preference as the "best in Alice Springs".

I appreciate your personalised mention about Daniel on reception and will ensure that he is personally recognised for his efforts in ensuring your arrival was a great one.

I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back to Alice Springs and DoubleTree by Hilton again sometime in the near future.