“Great Stay on 02.06.2013!!!!”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Alice Springs
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Alice Springs
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed June 11, 2013

First time I have stayed here (02/06/13) since it has become a Doubletree by Hilton. Was a great nights stay. My room was clean and bed was comfortable.
The staff I dealt with were all friendly and polite and it was nice to see the General Manager on the front desk checking guests in/out.
Although I was informed by a friend that they no longer do local rates, not sure if this is true or not.
But overall enjoyed my night.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
CF-ASPDA, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Alice Springs, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

Dear KrisMick7268,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at DoubleTree by Hilton Alice Springs. I greatly appreciate the time you have taken to share feedback on TripAdvisor and am delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your time with us.

I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel and Alice Springs sometime in the not too distant future.

Kind regards,

There are newer reviews for DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Alice Springs

Reviewed June 11, 2013

Given the competition and the price point at which this hotel sits, I don't see much reason for anyone who is on a hotel (v. hostel) budget to stay anywhere else in Alice Springs.

Pros:

Price - My rooms were $149/night, including a sumptuous breakfast the next morning. Didn't see any other hotels in the area for anything particularly less.

Common Areas - Huge lobby, nice pool, and generally welcoming atmosphere

Hanuman's - The best restaurant in Alice Springs is in the lobby of the hotel so you can eat there and get a bit buzzed without having to worry about transit. Also a nice hotel lobby.

Breakfast - Did I mention that the breakfast is really great? Because it is.

Rooms - Large, clean, reasonably appointed.

Cons:

Exercise Room - In a bit of a shambles, with limited/dirty/broken equipment. Probably the most disappointing part of the hotel and a relatively easy fix.

Decor - The hotel was clearly built in the 80s and has not really been redone since then. This didn't bother me much, but I suppose a man has to be picky about something.

Location - The hotel is slightly "outside" the center of town in that you will have to walk 15 minutes to get to any of the "downtown" attractions in Alice Springs. Not a problem for me, and makes it quieter, but if you are super picky about these sorts of things it's worth a note. On the positive side, it is immediately adjacent to the Casino, so if you are up for a spot of gambling, you are in the right place.

In the event that I ever find myself in Alice Springs again, I would definitely stay here and would also recommend it to any friends or family passing through.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo

Dear NickDC33,

I appreciate you posting on TripAdvisor. It is pleasing to read that you enjoyed your time with us and visit to Alice Springs.

Please be assured that we greatly value your feedback. I am pleased to advise that we are currently looking at how we can further improve the fitness centre facilities at the hotel.

I do hope that you will have the opportunity to return to Alice Springs and to stay with us once again in the future.

Best regards,

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Room smelt like someone had smoked in it. It was not strong so it seems some attempt had been made to rid the odour but that was not completely succesful. The room was an interconnecting room and noise from the adjoining room, comprising conversational noise and TV noise, came through

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for an overnight work trip a couple of weeks ago. All the staff were top notch and nothing was too much trouble. A warm welcome on arrival. Went to my room and wasn't happy because it was adjoining another room with a family and crying baby. I went back to reception and they couldn't do enough for me. Moved me to a room with no one next to me even though hotel was very busy. Next morning breakfast was great and again warm welcome by staff who ensured all breakfast supplies were topped up and tidy. Before i left the very friendly girl at reception checked me into my flight and printed my boarding pass out for me - fabulous! Ordered my taxi and off I went. Will definitely stay again. Hotel needs a revamp but room was clean and tidy. Also Asian restaurant has good quality food with nice atmosphere.

• Stayed: May 2013

Dear BellynMimi,

Thank you for taking the time to share on TripAdvisor. It is truly pleasing to read that we were able to "WOW' you and ensure that your stay was an enjoyable one.

We shall look forward to welcoming you back to Alice Springs and the DoubleTreeby Hilton in the not too distant future.

Best regards,

Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

I stayed 3 nights for a work trip. Rooms are spacious, the king bed was comfortable. I paid $149 per night which was a good rate and felt like decent value for Alice. Staff were helpful. Is a little walk into town but not too far - about 15 mins. I would stay again.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank xhlgette
CF-AKLLT, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Alice Springs, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2013

Dear xhlgette,

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your stay with us on your recent work trip. It is pleasing to read that we met your expectations.

If Alice Springs is a regular visit for work, please do touch base with me directly via the hotel as I would love to discuss how we may better be able to take care of your companies needs.

Thank you again for taking the time to post and I shall look forward to personally meeting you on a future stay.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights at Doubletree by Hilton. We had initially booked to stay at the Crowne Plaza but it had changed hands in the meantime. The atmosphere and location were brilliant!!!Staff were very helpful and friendly throughout our entire stay. When we checked in we were each given a chocolate chip cookie which was a lovely surprise! The rooms were very comfortable and quiet. We were right next to the golf course which was an added bonus for me!
Breakfast was included in our package, but we found the buffet a little dissapointing (but maybe that's because we had just gotten off the Ghan and had been very spoilt with the Chef's on the train!). We chose to eat out as the room service prices were a little expensive for us ( our funds were depleted by this stage of our holiday!) but the prices were comparable to other lovely hotels of this calibre.
The only downfall for us throughout all of our Northern Territory experience is that while we had pre-paid all of our accomodation in advance, with each hotel we stayed in, varying amounts of money ranging from $50-$200 was frozen on our credit card as a security.
Maybe we are still fledglings when it comes to travel, but we were unaware of this process as we have never had money frozen on our credit card and it left us very short of funds towards the end of our journey.
Saying that though, we would most definitely stay at Doubletree again as it was so lovely!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Dear G S,

Thank you for taking a few moments to share your recent experience on TripAdvisor. It is wonderful to read that you enjoyed your Trip on the Ghan and your accommodation in Alice Springs at DoubleTree by Hilton.

I appreciate your comments regarding our breakfast buffet and are pleased to also let you know that we offer an A La Carte breakfast offering.

Thank you again for posting and I do hope that we will see you back in the Red Centre at some stage in the near future.

Happy travelling!

Reviewed June 6, 2013

The service is a bit lack lustre at time and the rooms are a little tired and are no different from when the hotel was a Crowne Plaza. The breakfast buffet is very limited and no a la carte breakfast menu is offered to you, although the hotel guide in the room states that available. I don't think a kilojoule loaded cookie can sweeten the whole experience...maybe that works in the US!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business