“Once in a lifetime, dont miss it.”

Wayoutback Australian Safaris - Day Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
$297.00*
and up
3-Day Red Centre Camping Safari from Alice...
More attraction details
Owner description: Wayoutback Australian Safaris began in 1999 from humble beginnings - from a love of the Australian Outback and its people, combined with a dream to provide unique, small group tours to the highlights of the Northern Territory. From Uluru, the red heart of Australia, to the Tropical waterfalls and wetlands of Kakadu National Park, we deliver quality experiences throughout the NT.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Reviewed June 16, 2018

Reviewed June 16, 2018 via mobile

See more reviews
Reviewed June 14, 2018

Let me start off by noting that, though I have camped my whole life, I'm not really a hiker. The landscapes we saw on the trip were dramatic but, to my mind, a bit hostile. I found the incessant heat and unrelenting blow flies to be very difficult to deal with even with a face net.

Steve, our guide, could not have been better! As it became obvious that I was just not "up" for the longer, more challenging hikes, Steve took pains to offer recommendations for shorter, less strenuous options which would still give me a good taste of the Outback. On the road, he was constantly on the outlook for interesting geologic sights or wildlife to enhance the experience. The camping experience was fairly rustic -- we assisted in food preparation and clean up and toilets and showers were a bit of a hike. The "tents" did provide shelter and a cot, but stayed pretty stuffy throughout the night.

This is definitely a tour set up for folks younger and more fit than me. But, for those folks who did undertake the more challenging hikes, I understand the views were quite inspirational. While not a tour I would chose to do again, for those who enjoy fairly strenuous physical challenges, it may be just the ticket.