Alice Lodge Backpackers
Kathys Place Bed and Breakfast(Alice Springs)(Great Value!)
$98
Hotels.com
$106
$96
Mercure Alice Springs Resort(Alice Springs)(Great Value!)
$122
$87
  • Pool
Aurora Alice Springs(Alice Springs)
$68
$66
Crowne Plaza Alice Springs Lasseters(Alice Springs)(Great Value!)
$86
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Alice Springs(Alice Springs)(Great Value!)
$86
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Alice Motor Inn(Alice Springs)(Great Value!)
$54
Quest Alice Springs(Alice Springs)(Great Value!)
$144
$132
Agoda.com
The Desert Rose Inn(Alice Springs)
Alice's Secret Travellers Inn(Alice Springs)(Great Value!)
  • Pool
All reviewsfree breakfastuluru touryour luggagetwin roomoutback tourmain buildingswimming poolair connice place to staytea and coffeeenjoyed my stayday tourkitchen facilitiesclean roomsnice poolclose to townwashing machine
Reviewed May 14, 2009

Alice Lodge is very well situated, just a short stroll from The Mall, restaurants and shops. We booked a double, which ended up being a rather ancient caravan in the garden. It was clean, and the bed comfortable, it was simple with a table and 2 chairs, and a bar fridge. No where to hang clothes, or store our travel stuff. The web site did not say anything about caravans, so we had assumed that the room was in a solid building on the ground. Wrong. There are 6 or 7 caravans in the back yard of Alice Lodge Backpackers, some more private than others. We will go back again, but request a room "inside". Great hosts and super helpful with tours and transfers.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Stelladownunder
Reviewed May 8, 2009

We stay there twice while on the way back and fw from Ayers Rock, helpful staff and nice environment with free internet and b/fast.
too bad didn't ry out the pool! enjoy the stay!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mcnicoll
Reviewed May 2, 2009

My sister and I stayed at Alice Lodge before and after our outback trip to Uluru, Kings Canyon and Kata Tjuta a week ago. There was a free shuttle that picked us up from the airport. (but costs $12 back) Receptionist was friendly and helpful. There was a lot of resources on the map of Alice Springs and outback tours so people can literally just go there and sign up for one.

We were in sharing a room with 2 other people. Our room was pretty clean, with locker and fridge. Kitchen has free breakfast (cereal) and shower facilities were descent.

There are 2 things I need to comment on though. 1) First night we got there, we were in room 7, which was right outside the common area and the speaker. We were trying to sleep early because we had to wake up at 6 for the tour but was kept up by the music and people yelling. When we came back from Uluru we were in room 5 which was on the other side and it was perfectly fine.

Second thing was that my sister rented a sleeping bag for the outback tour and we discovered bugs in it. We were quite upset and disappointed.

Overall, noise level in certain rooms and sleeping bag aside, the hostel itself is pretty descent.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank becca108
Alicelodge, Owner/Manager at Alice Lodge Backpackers, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2009

Hi Rebecca,

Firstly, id like to thank you for all your positive feedback on trip advisor, it makes all the hard work we do worth while. So thank you.

With reference to the music, the music is on a timer system, and comes on at 10am at check out time and turns off at 9pm, which to be fair isn't very late, the music is on just to create a little bit of atmosphere in the common area.
With reference to the sleeping bag, we wash all the bags when there brought back from tours, and they are then hung out on the washing lines to dry. You have my apologies if some bugs have gotten on the bag, and if you had brought this to our attention when you returned from tour, we would have gladly refunded you the $10.

Again thank you for taking the time to write this review.

Safe Travel

PJ

Reviewed April 27, 2009

I could not believe how cheap it was for B&B, and a swimming pool!
Staff VERY helpful and friendly
Anywone who can put up with sharing a room with 3 or more others, and have the simple life, this was excellent. Certainly recommend this place

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled solo
Reviewed March 27, 2009

I don't usually take the time to write reviews, but when I find people who have amazed me in the rare art of "Good Customer Service," I believe the least I can do, is give them a public, pat on the back!
As an Aussie travelling her own country, alone. Finding a place that is affordable, safe, friendly, and comfortable is rare, (and usually a mates place.) Low budget hostels, usually provide the very basics, which as the saying goes... "you get what you pay for!"
Well, this is a different story! I got more than I thought I'd payed for!

$22 a night got me;
*An "All girls" dorm
*A REALLY comfy, clean, sturdy, decent size bed, with a "Doona!"
*In room fridge, air-con, and ceiling fan
*Pool
*FREE Internet/WIFI access all day (no time limit on WIFI!!!)
*FREE breakfast every morning
*FREE use of T.V./Video in common room
and
*FREE entertainment by a 1 yr old "munchkin" who capture's the heart of everyone who passes by!

This may not be much to some people, but with the instant friendliness of the staff, (PJ, Alijcia and Jerry,) and the relaxed, small community style layout, of a few rooms, and converted caravans. Bought to life with some great artwork added by travellers in the past, (who have obviously felt inspired by this wonderful outback,) you can't help but make friends quickly, and feel like you're right at home!
It is evident that those who run the place, have travelled, and experienced the "low budget" life-style, and have gone out of their way to make Alice's Lodge a place you could really relax, feel safe, have fun, and feel at home in.
I hope you get the same out of it as I did!

(Footnote: There were NO bed bugs! NO rude interactions with unhelpful staff! And NO questions PJ couldn't answer! (I DARE you to try and find one!)
A definate 2 Thumbs Up!