“The only Camel”
Review of Frontier Camel Tours - CLOSED

Frontier Camel Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Tour this desert region atop a friendly camel with your choice of tours ranging from dinner trips to half-day jaunts.
Reviewed February 27, 2014

Frontier is the only Camel tours left now in Alice Springs but only the best survive. We have sent many family, friends and recommendations to this great tour of the "Outback" on a camel- nothing better. They do pick you up from your accommodation also.

8  Thank 1TraveltheWorld

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Great ride if you never done it before. It is a must to try. The guide is fantastic. I did the 1 hour sunset tour. Unfortunately there was no sunset as seen on the brochure. Learnt a bit more about camel on the trip.

1  Thank Felicia C
Reviewed July 16, 2012

I came here in December 2011 and was fortunate enough to be the only person on the tour (I did a half day). It was just me, the guide and 4 camels. It was a wonderful experience, very very informative guide and even friendlier camels. One of them kept licking my leg and the other kept nudging me when we took rest stops.

The things you see when you go slow, kangaroos, lots of kangaroos, reptiles, birds and a sand twister! My guide told me that they're common but they come and go so fast that sometimes you don't even know they were there. If you'd like a cruisy morning or even afternoon, I'd recommend this tour.

1  Thank SnadraMae
Reviewed August 10, 2011

Hang on tight. Go in afternoon.Great experience. 8 and 10 year old should have adults behind them. Strange noises form the camels!.......pick up is part of the fun........We dropped off a couple of locals prior .......we were nearly late.Boys and grandfather just loved the whole 40 50 minutes........not too long......how could explorers sit on a camel for more than1 hour!............Small gallery available.........handlers real fair dinkum Aussies blokes........A stunning experience. we booked at short notice and the service was great. Picked up from our hotel and returned safe and sound.........June 2010 can get cooler in late afternoon.

1  Thank Hotelsareourlife
See more reviews
Reviewed April 17, 2011

We've never rode a camel before so we were a little nervous. However, Mark the cameleer was very helpful and showed us all how to get on and off etc. Our camel was called lazy Daisy (but he was a boy). We had a great ride to a vantage point and watched the sun set over Ayers Rock. Truly awesome. Mark was very knowledgeable about the camels, the wildlife and the shrubs and in fact everything in the desert. When we finished our ride we had wine and beer bread which was lovely. I'd thoroughly recommend this trip to anybody whatever age you are.

1  Thank cupcake078