“Excellent Stay”

Crowne Plaza Alice Springs Lasseters
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Alice Springs
Reviewed March 4, 2012

I stayed for a one night stop over on a Business trip and found Lasseters to be an extremely welcome Oasis. The room was first class, restaurant food magnificent, facilities very good and service warm and friendly. The Casino is a fun and fun place to visit and in general the place felt friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Dom W
LassetersHotel, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Alice Springs Lasseters, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2012

Hi Dom W,

Thank you for your feedback on Trip Advisor. It is great to hear such positive comments and I will share these with our team. I hope to welcome you back soon.

Front Office Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,110)

Reviewed March 2, 2012

Have stayed at Lasseters with my elderly mother 5 tiimes in the last 4 years and each stay has been most enjoyable. Beautiful comfy beds, lovely large rooms, friendly staff and very clean. Breakfast at Lasseters is a great start to our driving day, and dinner on the patio is a great end to our driving day...Thanks Lasseters and I look forward to my next visit...no where else in Alice cuts it like Lassetters.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Sonia H
LassetersHotel, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Alice Springs Lasseters, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2012

Hello Sonia H,

Thank you for your great feedback on Lasseters Hotel Casino.

I have passed your comments onto the team here at Lasseters. We look forward to welcoming you and your mother back soon!

Reviewed March 1, 2012

Having been to Alice manny times for business Lasseters is by far the best place to stay, That is why I now choose to stay nowhere else. Lost count of how many times I have come back now. Even when there has been the slightest of issues the staff bend over backwards to make up for any misunderstandings.The bottle of red in appreciation of my continued patronage was an especially nice touch. And the beds are the comfiest going around. If in Alice dont bother looking anywhere else.

Room Tip: They are all good.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
LassetersHotel, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Alice Springs Lasseters, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2012

Hello Territorian66!
Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. It is great to receive positive feedback and I have passed your comments onto our team.

We do have an extensive loyalty program here to recognize valued and returning customers and I am pleased you enjoyed this. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed February 26, 2012

Arriving late & totally exhausted without a reservation I was grateful to be accommodated here.
The friendly receptionist directed me to my "block".
I'd last stayed here in September 2001...who will ever forget the headlines...a lots happened in the world since 9/11...but the rooms here at Lasseters haven't changed a bit.
I guess that explains the mass-construction occurring around here now. I'm sure it will be impressive once completed..but for now you'll have to endure cyclone security fencing...and the constant rattle of construction.
The buffet breakfast was delicious...but not remarkable.
The fruit was ripe, the coffee hot, and the eggs well cooked. The service I recieved from the staff in dining room was uplifting...bright smiles all round!
After breakfast I returned to my room...still feeling the effects of my marathon drive the previous day, I went back to bed to rest with the "Do Not Disturb" sign displayed on the door.
I was awoken around 10:30am by reception ringing to confirm my check-out time. I explained I had made arrangements for a 12PM check-out...I accepted the receptionist apologies and went back to sleep...only to be woken a short time later (25 mins) by house keeping ignoring my sign on the door...and in a flash I dashed across the room to prevent the embarrassment of being found laying in bed without pajamas.
How could such a breakdown of hotel system occur in such an establish business!?
The room was well priced...but tonight I've decided to pay double at another venue in exchange for some peace and quiet.
I look forward to seeing how Lasseters looks once the extensions are finished and management iron out the issues surrounding late-checkouts.

• Stayed: February 2012
LassetersHotel, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Alice Springs Lasseters, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2012

Hello Puregolg,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Lasseters Hotel Casino. I was sorry to read about the mis communication around your late check out. Communication is vital and this will be addressed within our teams.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon and to view our completed developments.

Front Office Manager.

Reviewed February 23, 2012

I was passing through Alice for business, never been before so I wasn't expecting much. I stayed two nights and I thought Lasseters was clean, functioned well and the food to my surprise was excellent. I tried meals from room service to Sukra which had a extensive menu.
However I thought the staff were rushed. From intially checking in there was one young lady on the front desk who ushered me quickly away as phones were ringing etc. The front desk is always your first impression of an establishment, I was given a map of where to park and when I did eventually park out the back of the "block" I thought I was entering a prison block by the look of the building. Who in this day and age calls accomodation " Block D"? They are extending and rebuilding, maybe a suggestion could be using a name like a native animal with a picture to pretty it up. The room was very clean as well as a clean modern bathroom. When I did check out I thought it was de ja vu! I went to pay and again I was rushed and quickly ushered as the young lady who checked me in was alone on the front desk trying to manage telephones, guests etc. However I did enjoy my stay and hoped next time I would of have a room that didn't look over the laundry shed and workshop.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business

Hi Julestar40

Thank you for your rating of Lasseters Hotel Casino. I was sorry to read that your impression of our staff were that of rushing, this will be addressed within my rostering objectives. As we are undergoing developments your feedback regarding the block names is valuable. I am glad you enjoyed your room and the food from Sukra.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Front Office Manager.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

Haven't been to Alice Springs before a only stayed one night as a stop over. As a casino the gaming area was very nice, we stayed at the far end I think it was block 3 on the second level and outside the room was a building which I assume houses the massive air conditioner units for the casino which are very noisy so avoid like the plague. Room was large but carpet was stained bed was a king and mattress firm. The building is undergoing renovation which is well over due. The breakfast (Btuffet) was very average so all in all the worst casino we have stayed at

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
LassetersHotel, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Alice Springs Lasseters, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2012

Hi PaulChris275,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review.
Although it is never pleasant to receive bad feedback, it does give us the opportunity to address shortfalls in our products and services.

As you mentioned, the hotel is currently undergoing major developments which will see our existing rooms refurbished and some exciting new facilities launched. The developments also include a new breakfast restaurant.

Thanks again for your feedback.

Reviewed February 16, 2012

Overall, our stay at Lasseters was really good after a shaky start. Our room had a very strong, nasty odour that seemed to be coming through the air conditioner. We alerted reception to this problem and they changed our room immediately. No further problems in the new room; it was clean, comfortable, and well serviced.

There was a lot of construction work going on there during our stay. Looking at the plans for the renovations, Lasseters is going to be a truly beautiful hotel/venue when it's all finished! The new pool was already open and is fabulous. It's VERY hot out there though, so the area could do with a few more umbrellas as guests were scrambling to get under cover.

We ate the Juicy Rump. The food was good, however a little overpriced for pub meals and service was disappointing. Bar staff were OK, but on both nights we ate there staff taking food orders at the kitchen were quite surly and generally unfriendly. All other staff were really good, especially at reception.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple