“Nice, but basic for the ratings”

Crowne Plaza Alice Springs Lasseters
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Alice Springs
Reviewed December 13, 2011

We stayed here for two nights while on our one month Australia tour. We had come from a 4 star in Cairns and thought the quality would be similar, nice but not over the top, but to be honest we found the quality a little lax. The layout of the hotel is not what I expected but, apparently this is the style in Alice.

The rooms where clean, although i was a little apprehensive when they also supplied a can of Cock Roach spray, but we didn't see any, although after seeing this spray, i was made to move the beds, furniture, sheets etc. but overall; it was clean. It included a safe and had spacious grounds, it was slightly outside the main area of Alice springs, but trust me, this is where you want to be, we spect an afternoon in the "centre" and were quick to leave.

Overall for what we got the price was high, but at least the air-conditioning was cold, which was nice, as it hit 40c on of our days there. The Casino is basic, we weren't planning on using it, but when i heard the word casino, I expect Vegas, this is more like a back pub casino, nothing special. the restaurants where nice a little overpriced but did the job. Overall I don't think I would recommend this as a place unless your primary goal is to game in Alice, ours was the see the rock etc, and for that I would highly recommend Emu Tours one day trip, absolutely brilliant.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool facing room.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
LassetersHotel, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Alice Springs Lasseters, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2012

Hello Greengozer,

Thank you for your feedback. We do face challenges in our outback location such as bugs, however we are glad to hear that you didn’t need the spray as we have preventative measures in place.

We are well and truly into summer now with local temperatures above 40 degrees, therefore we were very excited to open our brand new pool facilities. The continuing developments will increase the quality of our venue. I am glad you enjoyed the Emu run tour to Uluru, and hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip in Australia.

Front Office Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,110)

Reviewed November 19, 2011

My husband and I stayed at Lasseters while on a 21 day Globus tour of Australia and New Zealand. It was, hands down, the best hotel we stayed in the entire trip. Our room was lovely, large, and well appointed. Our room was just steps from the pool and it was enjoyable sitting on our patio and using the free wi-fi. It was the only hotel on our trip that offered free 24hr wi-fi. THANK YOU Lasseters!

The food and service was also very good. The staff, very friendly. I would highly recommend this hotel

I

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
LassetersHotel, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Alice Springs Lasseters, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2011

Hi WDM Travel,

I have passed on your great comments to the team here at Lasseters. I am pleased you had such a wonderful stay.

Thank you for your feedback, I hope you enjoyed the rest of your holiday.

Reviewed November 7, 2011

Much better compared to other places I've stayed in Alice Springs! Enough room for a port-a-cott (being important as a new mum) andvery good cleaning service. Rooms quite and away from load noise roads. Would stay again

• Stayed: June 2011
LassetersHotel, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Alice Springs Lasseters, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2011

Hi J355i3,

Thanks for your feedback. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay. For next time, we do have complimentary cots available for hire, as they can often take up lots of car space!

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed November 5, 2011

Always a pleasureable stay and the meals always excellent. I would and do reccommend to friends, family and business colleagues to stay at Lassiters.The staff,meals and atmosphere are wonderful.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo

Hi Iris,

Thankyou for your review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay at Lasseters Hotel Casnio.

I look forward to welcoming you down from Tennant Creek again soon!

Reviewed October 24, 2011

As a person who makes numerous business trips to Alice Springs, I recently changed my hotel preference to Lasseters. Today I was booked and rewarded with a "thank you for staying with us again" letter and a complimentary bottle of wine. How nice was that! Besides the free gift, here are the other things I like about Lasseters ..... there is a decent light in the bathroom for when you are putting on make up, there is a full length mirror in the room (both these items were missing from a hotel I stayed at in Sydney last night), the rooms are clean and spacious, check in was easy, I have never been charged for items I didn't buy from the mini-bar (again, unlike my experience in Sydney), the room service menu has some decent choices and the staff are very friendly. And the beds are sooooo comfortable. I booked through wotif.com and got my second night at half price.

Room Tip: There are renovations happening out the back at present so can be a little noisy if you want a late...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
LassetersHotel, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Alice Springs Lasseters, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2011

Hi Tracy J,

Thank you for reviewing Lasseters Hotel Casino. I am glad you chose to stay with us and enjoyed your wine. As a return guest we value your loyalty to us.

Thanks again for your review, we hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed October 23, 2011

As a local of Alice springs I enjoy a weekend thats a bit different from the normal so I stay at the local hotels now and again to relax. I enjoyed the superior suite we chose and looked forward to my weekend. However ,the small things that upset me seem to consitently come up wether I am staying there or just poping in for a drink. I find most of the bar and restuarant staff unable to carry out the simplest of tasks like being able to make a simple cocktail to getting my food order right a couple of examples from this trip would be . bar staff not able to make a cocktail because as I was told they have no fresh mint then another staff member telling that he dosent know how to make them then finally getting served after they hunt down a menu to make the cocktail, complaing to the supervisor her only answer was we are working on it- clearly your not I have had poor service on more than one occasion to include food not served . poorly cooked, wrong dishes served. staff comming into my room unannounced etc.As a local I keep telling myself it will get better. I think proper staff training and more permanent staff -[ not the backpackers that seem to make up a large part of the staff] may well help to improve things because there is certainly a great deal of room to make a difference and maybe encourage a more local content to the number of visitors.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gaza1234

Dear Gaza1234

Thank you for your feedback. I do agree that a more stable, permanent work force will help to exceed our customers’ expectations and this is something we are trying to achieve through our work with various organisations.

We constantly review our suppliers to ensure we have consistent delivery of goods as sometimes, due to our isolation, we do experience delays in delivery.

Scott Healey
Food and Beverage Manager

Reviewed October 10, 2011

I had to spend a week in Alice recently for my daughter's hockey carnival and after speaking to all the other parents who stayed at various places throughout the town, I realised I'd hit the jackpot by chosing Lasseter's (no pun intended).
In planning the trip I'd spent many many hours on dozens of websites trying to get the best value for my very limited money. I read all the reviews warning about other traveler's experiences and had concerns about some places' standards of cleanliness and safety after dark. There was heaps of accommodation to chose from but the only ones I felt comfortable staying at were way out of my budget. When I rang Lasseter's however, the Reservations staff came up with a price I could (just) manage - and I can honestly say it is the best money I have ever spent. I had to stay my first few days in another place (as Lasseter's was booked out), and although I was paying the same nightly price as I later did at Lasseter's, it was not even in the same league. Given the tiny, shoddy room I was in at that first place, and after hearing the stories other parents were telling about their sub-standard accommodations, I'd virtually resigned myself to the fact my time in Alice was going to be one I would be happy to forget. But from the moment I walked into the room in Lasseter's I had the time of my life.
Admitedly the decor may not be quite as modern as some of the ritzy city hotels or resorts, but the room was spacious and impeccably cleaned each day, the bed and linen was luxurious and I slept like a log, and the front desk staff had left me a welcome gift of chocolates and wine. The pool was beautiful, the restaurants/meals were affordable, and it was so convenient having these along with the casino and other entertainment all in the one place.
Everything worked in my room, supplies/towels/toiletries were replenished regularly and I felt safe walking around the facility at night.
If you're after a quiet time around the pool I'd probably try to avoid Saturday as there seemed to be suddenly a lot of children swimming that day, but on the other days I had the lovely big pool pretty much to myself (even though the weather was absolutely perfect I think most other people were off sight-seeing during the day).
There were no hidden costs and whilst I'm not a big gambler, my few dollars invested on the pokies seemed to bring enough wins to keep me happily entertained for hours!!
The only other negatives were that the internet and movies seemed a bit expensive and that I had to wait in line for quite a while to check out (and I was running a bit late for my plane), but they'd been kind enough to give me a late checkout and perhaps it was just unfortunte timing.
Although I'm Australian, when I set out on my journey I was determined I'd squeeze in a trip to Uluru between hockey games as I felt I would never be likely to head back into the desert again, but once I started having such fun at Lasseter's I made a firm decision to some day soon head back to Alice for a proper holiday with my family ... and this time (as long as Lasseters' prices remain competitive) I will waste no time wondering where to book!

Room Tip: If you have small children ask for the room with the gated courtyard. Two meals for the price of one...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo

Hi Hockey M,

Thank you for your review on Lasseters Hotel Casino. I am glad you found your stay and facilities enjoyable. I am pleased to advise that we now offer complimentary internet property wide for all guests to use.

I hope to welcome you back to Lasseters and Alice Springs again!