“Great value. My family enjoy it.”

Desert Palms Alice Springs
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Alice Springs
Reviewed December 4, 2012

We just check out this morning. We enjoy it. 4 nights. Pool was ok. Room was good. they made us feel that we are at real house. They have basic things you need in the kitchen.you can cook, prepare your coffee. Help yourself.
Just concern lack of communication on housekeeping, we left and my asked someone to service our villa but when we came back still the same. She ask the receptionist why our room was not service and the lady told to my wife that according to their record it was clean by housekeeper. So disappointed, my wife is pregnant. But for sure we going to come back by end of the month. We love traveling. And one thing we left our two big tolberone at the fridge. Can we have any discount next time. Thanks

• Stayed: December 2012

Reviewed November 13, 2012

nice clean accomodation. Lovely pool for the hot weather. Quiet and walking distance to shops, etc. I excercise, so there was a good running track right outside resort around todd river. I found the kitchen adequate. The staff were friendly. I will be coming back here.

Room Tip: Villa style.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
kaponga, Owner at Desert Palms Alice Springs, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2012

Thanks for your review, it was nice to read you enjoyed your stay and I do hope we see you back again in the future. Regards Angie Reidy

Reviewed October 27, 2012

We visited Alice Springs for the 2012 Masters games and again stayed at the Desert Palms Resort. The rooms are large enough for three comfortably, with table and chairs provided on the front deck. The swimming pool is large enough for swimming and also caters well for children. The staff were very friendly and helpful during a rather warm week. I hope to be back again in two years.

Room Tip: All rooms are the same
1  Thank Colin F
kaponga, Owner at Desert Palms Alice Springs, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Thank you Colin for your lovely review of the Desert Palms. Look forward to seeing you in 2 years time and hope you team won while you were here for the Masters Games. Regards Angie Reidy Owner

Reviewed October 12, 2012

the cabins (wrongly called 'villas' in some travel guides) are worn and dated, with only the most basic comfort. The kitchen corner is so poorly equipped that cooking is not really an option - you can only heat pre-cooked meals, and the available steam container didn't fit the microwave provided. Our cabin looked out over the 'resort' fence which at 2m high gave the depressing feeling of a concentration camp. the pool is nice for kids aged 5-12y

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
kaponga, Owner at Desert Palms Alice Springs, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2012

Thank you for your comments, we do take all reviews seriously both positive and negative and it was good to read you felt the pool was nice.

We are 3.5 stars which we do include in all our advertising and we have tried very hard to keep our rooms updated with all carpets, curtains, beds, bedspreads, airconditioners, and TV's being replaced in the last 1 - 3 years. We also advise in all our advertising that we only have kitchenettes and not kitchens which include microwave, electric frying pan and hot plate.

It is a shame you did not advise reception that you were not happy looking at the fence or that the microwave container did not fit in the microwave. The reception would have been more than happy to relocate you to another room and replace the container. Unfortunately security fencing is a sign of the times along with security gates we installed last year and hopefully this makes our guests feel more secure whilst they stay with us.

Once again thank you for your feedback it is appreciated.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

I stayed at Desert Palms for 10 days during the September school holidays and absolutely loved it! The staff were great and very helpful. The rooms smelled fresh and were, surprisingly clean, considering the age of the resort. One time,i went to reception to ask for extra towels and to replace a glass I had broken.Before I returned to my room, Housekeeping had already been. I asked Steve (not sure of his position because he works everywhere!) if my outside light could be fixed. within 5 minutes, it was fixed. Now that is service! I also loved the kitchenette in the cabins. it saved me heaps of money as i found most of the restaurants and takeaways too expensive for my limited budget. They also have a beautiful relaxing pool that was always clean!
Overall - a great relaxing place to stay. I will definitely stay again and I recommend it to anyone planning a trip to Alice Springs! The General Manager was also great, very helpful and informative. from: Ben and Sue, Brisbane.

Room Tip: chose a room near the pool
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Suetaylor62
kaponga, Owner at Desert Palms Alice Springs, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

Hello Ben and Sue,
I was really pleased to read you enjoyed your stay at the Desert Palms and that my staff were all very helpful and made you feel welcome. Thank you for your comments, they were appreciated by all and I have forwarded your positive comments to my staff. Hopefully we will see you back again one day. Regards Angie Reidy

Reviewed October 5, 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights altogether, using it as a base to explore the red centre. We found it comfortable and relaxed, sort of like luxury camping in cabins. Everything you need for a basic holiday is there - kitchenette, laundry, pool, digital TV. Staff were friendly and accommodating and we were able to check in early with no problems whatsoever. The grounds were neat and tidy and well maintained, housekeeping and maintenance is high on the agenda with this place. The on site shop is very convenient for picking up the odd few things even a bottle of wine! Good location, but a vehicle is advisable unless you're a keen walker. We were travelling as a family of four with two teenage boys - the quad share was a double bed and two singles in the one room so this was good for short stays but for longer stays you would need more room to spread out.

1  Thank Scooterpooch
Reviewed October 4, 2012

The staff seem very uninterested in being ether helpful or friendly. Everything seems like trouble for them. DON'T GET THE BREAKFAST BOX...$16 for two pieces of bread, three jams, 45 grams of cornflakes and the milk.
The rooms are clean and nice, and the poor is a winner. Nice place for two or three days

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
kaponga, Owner at Desert Palms Alice Springs, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2012

Thank you for your feedback on Trip Advisor. We appreciate customers who let us know when things are not right and I was very disappointed to read your remarks about our staff. Please be ensured I take customer service seriously, it is one of the most important assets we have and will be following your comments up with all staff this week and put in place additional training. I know myself if staff are friendly and helpful it can make a stay so much more pleasant. It was nice to read though that the rooms were very clean and you enjoyed the swimming pool. Regards Angie Reidy Owner