I stayed here for three nights, and found the hotel to be lacking in comfort and service for the price they charge. Very poor service from the restaurant staff. The bed was so wobbly I had to place a folded up newspaper beneath the legs to keep it from moving all night. Once that was set the bed was comfortable, and I was able to sleep. The room was very clean, as was the bathroom. When I booked I was told there was wi-fi Internet, but there was not. The staff blamed the local phone company. When I was given a $2 coin to use the net kiosk, I was able to get online for twenty minutes, however the connection was so slow I was only able to send 2 emails, read a couple more, and then my time was up. The system was so old it would not even load sites such as Facebook, and would lock up and close whatever window you might have opened, and you would lose anything you may have typed. I also asked for a late checkout on my final day, as I was flying out late afternoon, but this could not be accommodated at all. Finally after checking out, I had to use the restroom, and went to the public restroom on the second floor, upstairs from the main desk. It was disgustingly dirty and smelly, and this was at 10:30 in the morning. Had I seen this earlier in my trip I would never have risked eating in the restaurant, because a bathroom is a lot easier to clean than a kitchen.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "The Award Winning Aurora Alice Springs" - Voted as THE BEST BASE TO TOUR THE REAL AUSTRALIA IN AUSTRALIA for both business and holiday travellers. Accommodation in the heart of the Todd Mall Alice Springs. This vibrant property is the only accommodation on the Todd Mall - the most centrally located accommodation in Alice Springs, Australia. The Todd Mall is the main shopping, dining and tourist precinct and offers a unique walking experience. Enjoy the Red Ochre Grill Cafe & Restaurant and savour the contemporary and native cuisine that it has to offer. The Red Ochre has one of the finest collections of Central Australian panoramic photography by Ken Duncan for you to admire. Aurora Alice Springs' location places you in a perfect position to explore both the town and surrounding Outback areas such as the spectacular MacDonnell Ranges, Standley Chasm and Simpson's Gap. You will always be welcome at our Alice Springs hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aurora Alice Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aurora Alice Springs Hotel Alice Springs
- Aurora Hotel Alice Springs
- Alice Springs Aurora Hotel