“Trek Larapinta - Walking the Larapinta Track”

The Larapinta Trail
Book In Advance
More Info
$1,804.16*
and up
5-Day Larapinta Trail Walking Tour from Alice...
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed October 20, 2013

My partner Jenny and I had a fabulous experience with Trek Larapinta. We took a 6 day Trek package in August 2013. The walking was wonderful every day. The scenery was always spectacular. Our guides Katie and Clare were exceptional. They were always cheerful, were passionate about the McDonnell Ranges, guided effectively and cooked beautifully! The meals were really excellent. Nothing was too much trouble. They gave us 1000%.
We camped in the Ormiston Gorge Campsite each night, which allowed us to get away each morning without having to pack up our tents and main packs. The swags provided were very comfortable, and sleeping under the stars every night was a real highlight.
Trek Larapinta & our Guides made our experience something we'll never forget.

4  Thank silver021
FriendsofLarapinta, Manager at The Larapinta Trail, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2014

Hello Silver021,
Thank you for such a glowing review of your 6 day hike with Trek Larapinta. As you noted our guides Kate and Clare gave 100% and when added to the breath taking scenery, gourmet food and the small group, adds up to one pretty amazing trekking experience!
I hope we can host you on another trek in the future.

All reviews
in 20 reviews
"barramundi"
"standley chasm"
in 15 reviews
"the west macdonnell ranges"
in 18 reviews
"four wheel drive"
"wild flowers"
"stunning scenery"
"beautiful country"

Reviewed October 11, 2013

A group of us walked from Hugh Gorge to Standley Chasm. The trip was a fantastic experience with the central Australian landscape being the star of the show. Walking in June the days were perfect and the night sky unbelievable. . We didn't push ourselves, enjoying the bush and varying landscape. I would recommend anyone who can to a least do a section of this wonderful track

2  Thank Gavin M
Reviewed October 9, 2013

My husband, daughter and I walked the trail end to end in August 2013. We were totally blown away by how awesome the walk was. It took a lot of planning and organising but it was a an experience of a lifetime. We had really hot weather up to 33 degrees which we weren't expecting. Walking in the early morning before the sun came up was the way to go. For anyone contemplating this walk I would recommend it 100%. We organised our transfer with Glen Helen Resort and would recommend them to anyone needing transfers. The highlights were numerous but standouts were the wildflowers which were fantastic and camping the night on top of Brinkley Bluff. It was hard but I would do it again in a heartbeat.

4  Thank Sharon A
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Absolutely LOVED the nine-day trek with the Trek Larapinta crew. I fell head-over-heels in love with central Australia and hiking. Our guides Kat and Clare were a big part of the experience, their passion for the trail and the environment was infectious. They kept the day-to-day running of the trip flexible and relaxed, yet still smooth-as-butter. Nothing left for us to do except enjoy the moment - every step, every gorgeous view and every campsite experience. It was the ultimate exercise in mindfulness. There's nothing quite like walking amongst ancient rock formations to put things into perspective. Highly recommend this company and this experience, I'm already planning the next one...

7  Thank Susan Y

Hello Susan,
Wow what a wonderful review of your 9 day hike with Trek Larapinta! Having passionate, knowledgeable and happy guides makes all the difference and I will make sure to pass on your praise to Kat and Clare. Thank you for the being the first reviewer to use the words,
'smooth-as-butter'...awesome :)
I hope we can host you on another trek in the future.

See more reviews
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We recently completed a 6 day trek with the Trek Larapinta team and could not be happier. The vastness of Australia is truly awe inspiring. The wildflowers were out and the colours of the outback, far from being just red and sky blue as I had imagined, were pink, purple, soft green, bright blue, red ochre, white and yellow.

I celebrated my birthday while on the trek and was delighted at the special surprise baked by Claire to help make it a special occasion. From waking up in the swag under a canopy of stars, to the swim in a waterhole, to a glass of wine at sunset, and dinner round the campfire; everyday was special really. Highlights? So many! Great company, sunrise from the top of Mount Sonder, sitting around the campfire each evening, swimming in the water holes, a cold 'shandy' at Glen Helen, sleeping under the stars (there were tents if you wanted to used them), the good coffee each morning, the comfortable camp. ALL good.

The Trek Larapinta team is totally professional. Holger, Claire, Steve, and Jake did a brilliant job and are just really lovely people. Claire made sure we didn't lose any weight! The food was better than expected - good and wholesome. The walking was well paced. Be ready for loads of rocks. It's a boot wrecker. My husband's Asolos came apart on the walk, as did the same brand worn by one of the other trekkers. Apparently they are not built for our harsh conditions

Only downside ...a few flies but then it wouldn't be summer in Australia without the flies :-)

5  Thank eyesopenarmswide

Hello eyesopenarmswide!
Thank you for your evocative review from your 6 day Trek Larapinta hike. Your words brought to life the beauty and colour of this stunning country. I will pass on your kind words to our guides Holger, Clare, Steve and Jake.
I hope we can host you on another birthday hike sometime in the future.