“Over priced and not much good”

Alice Springs Reptile Centre
Book In Advance
More Info
$80.25*
and up
Alice Springs Highlights Half-Day Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: The Alice Springs Reptile Centre is a privately owned park which displays an extensive range of reptiles from the Northern Territory of Australia including Terry the Saltwater crocodile and large Perentie Goannas. The talk and handling sessions are a must and are at 11am, 1pm and 3.30Pm daily.
Reviewed November 23, 2012

This was the only place (from 10 or 12) on our OZ trip which refused to give us seniors discount! Strictly they were within their rights as UK pensioners do not have pensioner books or cards so we could not prove entitlement ( other than our faces!). Anyway, the offering was small and limited and not worth the effort.

Rex N, Owner at Alice Springs Reptile Centre, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2012

Hi hattiepops, I am very concerned with your review. We always give our seniors discounts no matter which country they are from. We proudly display the Seniors discount sticker and it is also clearly written on our entrance pricing sheet. It appears from the review that you did not go in which is a real shame as you would have throughly enjoyed our place. We offer an excellent attraction surveyed by visitors to Alice Springs as the best atraction in Alice and the best value for money.

As you visited many months ago I am not sure who would have been at reception that day. If you can remember who it was I can follow this up.

Reviewed November 23, 2012

Came through here on our whirlwind Australia tour leading up to the 14 Nov eclipse. Attended the reptile-holding presentation and part of a second presentation (we had to leave early to meet a timing unfortunately).

Saw the big crocodile, and lots of lizards and venomous snakes.

Staff were very knowledgeable and answered our questions fully and clearly.

At $14/head, I felt I got my money's worth.

If you go here, I say that you must hold the python or Justin Bieber will play a didgeridoo in your dreams all night. The python is great :)

Reviewed November 23, 2012

This is probably the only place that my 6yo daughter remembers form our recent trip to Alice. She had a ball there, and wanted to go back the next day! The place is rather small, and the collection of reptiles are okay, not great. The good thing from thisplace: you can hold the blue tongue lizard and snake, nothing elese....

Reviewed November 14, 2012

Good experience but rather small and can be easily done in an hour. After that nothing else to see.
Thought the entrance fee was a bit steep for what it was. Had the entrance fee been less it would have been good value but not at the present price.

Hi PatnPete, thank you for your review. We are a small place but house a well maintained large collection which will be expanding soon with more goannas, freshwater crocs and turtles. Most people arrive for one of the three daily shows which lasts about 30 mins or so and then look around. The majority of people stay for about an hour and a quarter and throughly enjoy it. We are one of the best parks in Australia for visitors to be able talk to keepers and get hands on with the animals.

As for price I would love to be able to keep it low but thats impossible. I open my place on weekends, public holidays etc which costs a lot of money in wages, my insurance bill alone is in excess of $30k a year, then there is my loan to service, rates, services etc and government fees and charges. This adds up to an incredible amount. A trip to the cinema these days for an adult ticket is $18 just for the movie alone. We are the cheapest small wildlife park in Australia (just google wildlife park prices). I have done my best to keep our price as low as possible however we will be rising to $16 next year (we will still be the cheapest in Australia) as on 1st January our Power and Water prices are rising 30% across the board in the NT and I have no choice but to raise our price once again. I still firmly believe that we offer the best value experience in Alice Springs if not Australia especially with our hands on shows.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Whist not large the staff are very engaging and entertaining. Expalined the myths and facts about snakes is Australia then gave everone a chancea to get up close and personal with snakes and lixards. well done.