“Very Good”

Ibis Styles Alice Springs Oasis
Ranked #13 of 13 Hotels in Alice Springs
Reviewed June 14, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at the Ibis Styles. The staff were pleasant and helpful. The rooms were quite large, much larger than we expected, and nicely appointed. The only downside with the room was that the bathroom was quite dated, with a shower curtain rather than a door. We were worried that the room would be relatively noisy, being not to far from a busy road, but that wasn't an issue. frre WiFi in reception. Parking was very tight, and it was a bit of an issue getting out on this busy weekend. The continental breakfast was basic but quite adequate, and they were happy for us to fill our insulated mugs with coffee for the long journey ahead.
We would happily stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Glyn T
Dougal M, General Manager at Ibis Styles Alice Springs Oasis, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2013

Hi Glyn,

Thanks very much for taking the time to review the team.

We're very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you back again.

Best wishes,

There are newer reviews for Ibis Styles Alice Springs Oasis

Reviewed June 9, 2013

My room appeared to have been recently renovated, perhaps in the past couple of years, with the except of bathroom shower and toilet which could have done with a makeover, however the main room itself was good.

The hotel is a short walk from the todd street town centre, perhaps about 10 mins although bear in mind its not recommended to do the walk alone at night, best to just drive or take a very short taxi.

My stay wasn't long enough to make use of the facilities such as restaurant and bar, but the reception were welcoming and offered good advice when enquiring about the local area.

Overall a middle of the road hotel, not bad nor brilliant.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Dougal M, General Manager at Ibis Styles Alice Springs Oasis, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Thanks very much for your review and I'm pleased that you enjoyed your stay.

Thanks for your feedback regarding the bathrooms and I'm pleased to advise that we are making plans for bathroom upgrades at the moment.

I hope that your next stay will be a little longer and you may have the opportunity to try our restaurant and bar.

Thanks again for taking the time to review us and we hope to welcome you back.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

The two girls on the reception on Friday 7th june were dismal. They were out the back chatting and no one was a the front desk. When I called out I wasnt meet with a welcoming smile. I asked if they had change for the laundry and she replied nah everyones been doing their laundry you'll have to walk down to the servo. Surely you would be able to retrieve the dollars from the machines???

We pushed one of the beds to one side to fit the babies cot in and the amount of rubbish and dirt under the bed was disgusting. I am a local Territorian and travel a lot - this place I will not recommend / you are better of at staying at Lasserters Casino!!

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Lindy L
Dougal M, General Manager at Ibis Styles Alice Springs Oasis, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2013

Dear Nannoo22,

Thank you very much for your review.

Please accept my apologies for the issue you experienced. This is not the standard we we expect and I hope that the other guest reviews will show that it is not a frequent situation at the hotel.

I would like to speak with you directly regarding this and invite you to contact me on 08 8958 3311 to discuss.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

We were welcomed on arrival by a very helpful staff member. Our breakfasts were included in the tariff, the best thing was the very good value in the upgrade of the included continental breakfast to the full breakfast. The use of my Accor card also helped with the cost of meals which can be significant for a group of four as we were. I would have no hesitation in recommending the Ibis Styles Alice Springs Oasis to others who require comfortable accommodation with friendly staff and affordable meals. A very good experience.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Dougal M, General Manager at Ibis Styles Alice Springs Oasis, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We're pleased that you enjoyed your stay and it's always great to welcome Advantage Plus members to the hotel.

We do hope that you'll return to Alice Springs and visit us again.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Yes the hotel is a bit 70s in outside appearance, it's basic on the inside (but spacious and clean). Easy parking at the door, less than 5 minute walk to town centre. There really does not look like there are many amazing hotel options in Alice Springs.

The breakfast is basic, there are no meats or eggs or any protein in the continental option. My room on return one day had only been half cleaned, i.e bed sheets turned back but crumbs and towels not removed (quickly recleaned after my request). No wifi* which is rubbish in 2013. *well 15 minutes in reception during reception hours is free.

Note in the town dining options are limited, consider getting a serviced unit rather than hotel to allow you to cook.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Dougal M, General Manager at Ibis Styles Alice Springs Oasis, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Thanks very much for taking the time to review and I appreciate your feedback.

Please accept my apologies for the oversight with your room servicing and I'm pleased that we fixed it quickly.

To clarify a couple of points for other readers, the continental buffet breakfast includes a range of juices, cereals, fruits, toasts and tea & coffee -- this is generally free of charge on all bar our most heavily discounted deals. Guests are welcome to partake in a full hot breakfast for just $11 per person, which we think represents great value.

In additional to the 15 minutes free wifi in the public areas, we do offer wifi throughout all the rooms for a nominal charge.

Thanks again for your review.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Structured as a motel. Swimming pool and outdoor whirlpool. Cleaning of the room was not great. Close enough to the center front of the hospital. Restaurant acceptable. The only one in my tour in australia that had breakfast included in the rate, among other things the cheapest of the ones I've stayed.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Dougal M, General Manager at Ibis Styles Alice Springs Oasis, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

Thanks very much for your review and I appreciate your comments regarding the rooms.

We do hope to see you again.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

The booking company I used did not tell the hotel that I was arriving at midnight, so when I arrived reception was closed. I was met by a friendly security guard and in less than a minute Dougal(the hotel manager) was there with a smile to check me in and show me to my room. The room was clean and fresh and the bed was comfortable. Bathroom was perfectly fine, good hot water and nice toiletries. The next morning, Dougal was again in reception and greeted me by name as soon as I walked in, a very nice touch. The complimentary continental breakfast was a great start to the day. Hotel is about a 10 minute walk from town, but there is a Coles Express Service Station practically next door. The Ibis is agreat hotel at a fantastic price with excellent staff. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Karen E
Dougal M, General Manager at Ibis Styles Alice Springs Oasis, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Dear Karen,

Thanks very much for your review and we're delighted that you enjoyed your stay.

Please come back and see us again!.