“Motel”

Ibis Styles Alice Springs Oasis
Ranked #13 of 13 Hotels in Alice Springs
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I booked what I thought was a hotel and got a very tired motel. looking around, it seemed that if something needed fixing or replaced it was forgotten.Everything closed at 10 o'clock. Learned a lesson review properly before booking.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank wanderer1958_12
Dougal M, General Manager at Ibis Styles Alice Springs Oasis, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Thank you for your review.

I am sorry that the hotel didn't meet your expectations. I acknowledge that we aren't the newest hotel in town, but we do endeavour to keep the hotel as up to date as we can.

For the benefit of other readers, in the last few months we have replaced all flooring in our standard rooms, replaced all TV's with full digital Samsung screens, replaced all douvets and pillows, and installed iPod docking stations in our Superior rooms.

Over the next few months, we have plans to upgrade our lobby, restaurant and bar, main swimming pool, some guest bathrooms and some replacement of air conditioners.

This still won't make us new, but hopefully shows our commitment to keeping the hotel update, combined with very reasonable pricing which we hope will continue to appeal to travallers arriving in Alice Springs.

Thanks again for taking the time to review us.

There are newer reviews for Ibis Styles Alice Springs Oasis

Reviewed March 28, 2013

I am returning home today after spending the week staying at the Ibis in Alice Springs.
It is in a great position close to CBD.
The room was clean with a comfortable bed.
The restaurant had well presented tasty food for a reasonable price .
Breakfast was available early ,with a choice of continental or hot breakfast.
With a bar on site and tables outside with a view over the pool I found it very relaxing.
The best part for me was the friendly staff, they were always nearby if needed and very helpful.
Often when travelling alone I feel unsure but the staff all made me feel welcome.
It was nice to stay in a hotel where I felt safe and comfortable.
Thanks guys I have already recommended the Ibis and I'm not home yet!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Shireen B
Dougal M, General Manager at Ibis Styles Alice Springs Oasis, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2013

Thank you very much for your review.

We appreciate you taking the time to provide your comments to other readers, and love to read that you found the hotel to be so comfortable for your week long stay.

Our team gets a real boost from your kind words, and we hope to see you back at the hotel before too long.

Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

I had the pleasure of staying here 5 March 2013. It represents excellent value for money and provides great sized rooms which are clean, very comfortable and generous in size. It has a great pool and spa with protection from the powerful sun and a restaurant serving five star gourmet food along with a fresh wholesome breakfast.
The manager Dougal McConnell is a perfect host and is rightly proud of this gem of the outback.
I wouldnt hesitate to stay again and strongly recommend this hotel to anyone !

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank Escapetothebeach
Dougal M, General Manager at Ibis Styles Alice Springs Oasis, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

Thanks very much for your review!

It's fantastic to read that you enjoyed your stay. That's great news for our team and we hope that you enjoyed the rest of your journey.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

We arrived at the hotel after a very long drive from Ayers Rock, our check in was very swift and welcoming. Our room was located in a block which reminded me of earlier stays at Butlins holiday camps. Our room was large and had large patio doors at the back of our room which had seen better days and when we tried to open them they would not glide on the runners and almost came off the runners, we had great trouble in trying to lock them again, being on the ground floor did not fill us with a feeling of being safe in our room. The bathroom was small and very tired with a mesh at the window which was open to the outside. There was a small swimming pool located near to our room but on inspection we felt that it did not look very clean full of debris and did not encourage us to swim in there even through it was very hot around 48 degrees c. The bar and resturant is located across a courtyard. We were staying a couple of nights here so we decided to eat in the resturant the first night, but was re-directed into the bar where we ordered food. The bar had a feeling of an old workers club with a pool table and a tv. It also smelt of old cooking fat. The food we ordered was ok but again it did not taste fresh but was edible. The second night we decided to eat downtown, again not a lot of choice so we ate at KFC which again was not a great experience. There is free wi-fi in reception however I was unable to access it so I paid to use the internet instead. We also had breakfast included in the cost of our stay. No cooked breakfast on offer only continental which was fresh enough, but limited choice. All in all the basics are here and this could be a lovely place to stay if updated.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Redkaz_12
Dougal M, General Manager at Ibis Styles Alice Springs Oasis, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Thanks very much for your review.

I am pleased that you found our staff to be welcoming and efficient on arrival. I appreciate the other feedback also.

In future, may I recommend some of the great special dishes that we feature on the menu. I'm confident that this would be more satisfying then taking KFC from town. Alice Springs also features some other good quality dining options, and we are pleased to recommend them to suit your preferences.

To clarify one point, the continental buffet breakfast was included free of charge as a gesture from the hotel. We do, always, offer a cooked breakfast which can be purchased for just $11.

Thank you for taking the time to review us.

Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here twice in February once for a day then 4days
The manager is very personable
On our second stay we had a slight problem which was sorted out at once
We would recommend this hotel highly
The breakfast was good
The dinner menu was amazing
Best food we have eaten in a hotel
The portains were huge but that didn't stop us from having dessert
We recommend this hotel if you like a hotel that has very helpful and friendly staff

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank ckennedy50
Dougal M, General Manager at Ibis Styles Alice Springs Oasis, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Dear Mr and Mrs Kennedy,

Thank you for taking the time to review the team. We certainly appreciate your comments and we are delighted that you had such a fantastic stay with us.

For the benefit of other readers, the main course you chose was our Vietnamese Braised Fish (made with Australian Barramundi) which is a family recipe of our Vietnamese Chef de Partie, Mr Hoc Nguyen - his mother's receipe. It's very popular.

Thanks again for reviewing us, and we hope to welcome you back to the hotel before too long.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Dougal M, General Manager at Ibis Styles Alice Springs Oasis, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Reviewed February 20, 2013

I stayed for 2 weeks and had a great stay.

The staff were very friendly -- all of them -- and they went out of their way to make me feel welcome.

I had a superior room which seemed a little larger than the standard rooms, and had an iPod docking station which was handy. The room was cleaned well and there were no issues. I appreciated the door to a little courtyard and enjoyed the fresh air.

I had a few meals in the bar and the restaurant -- all good and better than I was expecting for Alice Springs. The good NZ Sauvignon Blanc was a hit.

Breakfast was a free continental buffet and there was an option to up spec to a hot breakfast for about $10 -- I stayed with the continental - Audrey makes great coffee.

There was no gym but there was arrangement for hotel guests to use one up the road for free.

I would recommend this place -- great staff and rooms and food were good. This was a business trip so I wasn't paying myself, but it didn't seem expensive.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
All_Seasons_GM, General Manager at Ibis Styles Alice Springs Oasis, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Thank you for your review.

It's great to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel. I appreciate your kind remarks about the hotel staff -- this really gives the team a boost when see the feedback.

We hope to welcome you back to the hotel before too long.