We got exactly what we expected in this 3-star rated hotel in Alice Springs. Our two-night stay in May was pleasant, made especially so by the young women who work at the reception desk. The outside of this corner hotel has nice outdoor cafe seating and iron railings. The rooms are in 1970s browns, but are clean and comfortable with good air conditioning units. There is no elevator to the second floor, so anyone with a disability or a lot of luggage may want to request a ground-level room. Since Alice is a small-ish town, the fact that the hotel is on the corner of a main intersection doesn't translate into loud traffic noise. We were pleasantly surprised by the quiet of the place. The thing that stands out about the Mercure Diplomat is that the young ladies who run the reception counter are very helpful. They have plenty of knowledge on things to do in and around Alice and will make bookings for you free of charge. There are plenty of places right down the street to do these same bookings, too. The Todd Mall, Overlanders restaurant and a supermarket are all within a few minutes walk from the hotel, making it easy for people without a car. We would stay here again if we're ever back in Alice.
Location: Australia > Northern Territory > Red Centre > Alice Springs
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#5 Business Hotel in Alice Springs
Price Range: $65 - $118 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Diplomat Alice Springs 3.5*
Number of rooms: 81
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Superbly located in the centre of town, the Diplomat Alice Motel Springs provides the perfect place to relax and unwind with 81 rooms and fantastic facilities. Only minutes walk from the heart of the Todd Mall the property is close to shops, restaurants, cafes and many of the local attractions Alice Springs has to offer. The Diplomat Alice Springs offers a range of accommodation options, meeting venues and facilities operated by friendly, professional staff. All accommodation features air-conditioning, a flat-screen LCD TV, ensuite bathrooms, tea & coffee, refrigerators and complimentary WiFi access. After a busy day of sightseeing, touring or business meetings relax by the pool and enjoy a casual meal and ice cold beer in the fully licensed Uncle’s Tavern, situated onsite within The Diplomat Alice Springs complex, or meet with friends in Stumps Restaurant for a delicious meal and delightful get-together. Other on-site facilities include an outdoor swimming pool and lounge, guest laundry, Tour Desk and conference facilities. The Diplomat is an ideal base to explore the spectacular rugged beauty of central Australia and the outback. Take the heritage walk to explore some of the attractions and the unique Aboriginal Art galleries, full of stunning artworks produced by Aboriginal artists both locally and from the surrounding Aboriginal communities. The Diplomat Alice Springs is centrally located for all transfers to the airport, the Ghan train station and for all tour operators departing or returning to Alice Springs. We look forward to welcoming you to the Diplomat Motel Alice Springs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, HostelWorld, Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Diplomat Alice Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Diplomat Alice Springs Hotel Alice Springs
- All Seasons Alice Springs