“Cosy restaurant, great food”

Sukra Restaurant at Lasseters Hotel Casino
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Sandy Beach
“Cosy restaurant, great food”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Excellent service, food was great, good variety of options for spiciness (curries). Reasonable value for money.

Visited September 2013

Melbourne, Australia
“Not the best place to eat”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

My first experience at Sukra was not the ideal experience that I expected - the decor was appealing but did not match the food or the service.

I would not return or even order as room service as this is an option at the hotel.

Very poor effort by all

• Visited September 2013
“I was so excited to go back BUT...”
Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

As u will notice I reviewed last month. About how amazing this place was. I took my family there a couple of nights ago as I thought it was the best for us all to go too... I was wrong. Service was bad. Meals cold and oily. Asked the waitress to speak to someone hire was told they were busy.
Paid the money and left. Bet disappointing ! :(.

• Visited September 2013
Juicy_Rump, Manager at Sukra Restaurant at Lasseters Hotel Casino, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Thank you for the feedback. We are very sorry your experience was not what it could have been. Sukra values quality service & it has always been our policy that any time a meal is not up to customer standards we will replace the meal. We would like the opportunity to rectify this & welcome you back. Please contact the Food & Beverage Manager, Deryck Goodman, at 0417 847 908. Thank you.
Australia
“One of the best in Alice Springs”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

After doing my full round of all eating places in Alice Springs I have returned to Sukra again. I must admit that a while back I was not that happy about the experience, but time heals. This time I actually wondered what it was that put me off before. The staff were attentive, the food was excellent and the portions were just right. Bearing in mind that this is an Asian style restaurant and one is expected to order a few dishes and share. I will be back, all from the past is forgotten.

“Don't do it!!!”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We had the wonton entree which was under cooked. The mains arrived in a hot pot which was cold and everything was drowning in sauce that tasted like kantong jar bought sauce. Ordered the chili chicken and was served butter chicken. My replacement meal was served within minutes but we were over it by then. After my friend pulled a hair out of his Beef blackbean that was the icing on the cake. Meals are over priced but wait staff are very apologetic

• Visited September 2013
Juicy_Rump, Manager at Sukra Restaurant at Lasseters Hotel Casino, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Thank you for the feedback. Sukra values providing customers with excellent service & a quality fine dining experience in intimate surrounds & sincerely apologises for the let down on this occasion, which is certainly not a standard experience. We would like the opportunity to rectify this & welcome you back. Please contact the Food & Beverage Manager, Deryck Goodman, at 0417 847 908. Thank you.