“Setting unbeatable, food . . .”

Alice Vietnamese Restaurant
Ranked #29 of 99 Restaurants in Alice Springs
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 17, 2013

Not uneatable at all - very good actually! Not a lot of choice for vegetarians however. Staff are charming. Have been there twice for lunch and it was pretty quiet, but food comes out quickly, the owners take a bit of tme to chat. Good choice of wine and beer, rice has a lovely coconut flavour, main dishes tasty if uninspiring. Worth a visit just for the pleasant drive and the location.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

As a local, took one of my reps here tonight. The food was fabulous and of course the atmosphere is magical. Service was fast and efficient thanks to an excellent waiter. If you like fish, recommend the signature whole fish. A must is the prawns in sesame seed especially with the dip they provide.. All the dishes that we ordered (10 in total) were excellent. Congratulations to chef. You also have the choice of dining inside or out, which is great.

2  Thank Xanerin
Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant is quite a distance out of town on the way to the airport. The setting is pleasant with indoor and outdoor dining. I found the seats to be a bit low; I almost had to reach up to get to my food. The setting is the nicest part of this restaurant; the food isn't. I had the satay pork and it tasted nothing like satay. I even wondered if I had the wrong meal. It was only luke warm at best. I've eaten in Vietnam and this was disappointing by comparison. Also, the restaurant is set well back from the street and there is no sign on the front gate to let you know you are there. I will say that the staff was pleasant but I won't be going back.

1  Thank RonRSydney_Australia
Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

I find it a bit hard to rate this restaurant. On the up side, I'm really glad I went, I loved the experience of driving out to what seemed like the middle of nowhere to eat, and the outside eating area was lovely, so for atmosphere alone it's worth going to. The food all seemed fresh, and no issues with the service. The kids meals were great too. So the only downside for me was that the food just wasn't that great. It was all nice, but nothing much above and beyond your average Vietnamese. So definitely go for the atmosphere, and maybe the food will be more to your tastes than it was to mine!!

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Just driving around the area found this great restaurant in a rural-residential area. Great setting. Excellent service. Wonderful food. This will definitely be one of the highlights of our trip to Alice Springs. I can't recommend this restaurant enough. If you like Asian, you have to try this one.

1  Thank Margaret M