“horrible staff, equally horrible food!!!”
Review of Monte's Lounge

Monte's Lounge
Ranked #15 of 94 Restaurants in Alice Springs
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Adelaide, Australia
“horrible staff, equally horrible food!!!”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

The food - a simple burger - took ages. about 40 min. then it was a vegetarian burger, though i had ordered something else. i wanted a new one. they refused. i left the place without eating a bite. the staff was all loud shouting at me that that wasnt their problem, i asked for the manager and she told me in a very unpolite way that she was to busy to help me. when i wannted a refund they laughted at me. even the burger looked not very yummy, and was the wrong one. well - i didnt put foot in there again! ever¬!

Visited April 2012

Adelaide, Australia
“Good food and great atmosphere”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

My Emu Run Tour group met here for dinner on the last day of our 3 day tour (on a Thursday night) and I really enjoyed the evening. We were offered a special main course menu, costing only $10. I chose the chicken and salad with chips, while others chose steak, salad and chips, pizza etc. The food took a while to arrive, but as we were a large group, it didn't matter. The food was delicious; the portions were generous and well cooked, and the people who ordered steak were very happy with their meal as well.

We sat outside in the beer garden and, as it was a warm night, it was lovely and had a relaxed and fun atmosphere. The drinks are a bit expensive: $6 for a beer and $4 for a can of coke, but because the food was so reasonably priced, I didn't mind. The regular menu is a bit more expensive: ranging from $11 for a veggie burger up to $18, but this is still quite reasonable for Alice Springs.

I would come back again.

• Visited September 2012
“Overrated”
Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

The drinks are very over priced and very little range of spirits, not even serving the basics.

The owner doesn't care about is customers eg. In a big group of people asking us to break it up and go across the road to another bar.

Australind, Australia
“what a place”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Quite amazing, that I rate this place 5/5, after the absolute stuff up with one of the meals for our table (which had us waiting 2 hours), but seriously, this place is a blast, and I would definately come back should I be in Alice again

The kids can run around in a dedicated area, the number of beers and wine available is fantatsic, and the food is good, great prices, with the staff having a great time ... and it's obviously busy for a reason.

With the delays on the meal, which was a communication problem of when we changed tables, so I cant really blame the staff 100%, the staff did seem very apologetic, offered our money back (which we said no to), but I got some free beers out of it, so I can't complain :)

keep up the great work guys, I hope the restaurant continues to go well!

• Visited September 2012
Melbourne, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“This place is the business!”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Had dinner here with my dad after a long dusty day. The beer was cold and delicious - and so many exciting ones to choose from! Not an NT draught in sight! Pizza was delicious and my dad loved his turkish style (lamb, tzatziki etc) burger. Get here reasonably early though because it's pretty popular and they sell out of food and have to close the kitchen pretty early - I think it closed at 8.30 when I was there. Yeah, do it. Come here instead of Bojangles - it has just as many things to look at, but with great beer and tasty food!

• Visited August 2012