“A magnificent experience memories of which will last a lifetime.”

Outback Quad Adventures Day Tours
Fee: Yes
Ballarat
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A magnificent experience memories of which will last a lifetime.”
Reviewed March 15, 2012

We spent an exciting and enjoyable morning with OQA and saw the most magnificent scenery imagineable. Our tour was organized and run in the most competent manner possible which made us all feel completely safe out in some of the most unforgiving country you can imagine. I cannot imagine how hard it must be to run a business like this with the top most priority being the safety of those in your care. Our 'leader' (the owner) never waivered in his care for not only us but also the equipment we were using and for the fragile terrain over which we travelled. I would thoroughly recommend this experience to anyone who is looking for adventure with breathtaking sites along the way - though if you think a quadbike is just there for you to 'hoon' about in a disrespectful manner then keep away!!! Thanks Kath and Frosty for your wonderful tour and for looking after us so well.

Visited November 2011
1 Thank sholtoBallarat

Darwin
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“What a way to see the outback”
Reviewed February 1, 2012

Did this tour when in Alice last month and had an absolute blast. Very well run and presented with Frosty and Cath leading the way and providing excellent commentary about the region and the cattle station. Couldn't believe the beauty of the place and the extraordinary colours of the ranges. Took heaps of pictures. We did the two station tour, but would have loved to do the overnighter. Maybe next time. This was a hoot make sure its on your planner.

Visited December 2011
1 Thank Simon C
Australia
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Enjoyable Outback Experience”
Reviewed December 27, 2011

A friend and I attended the morning quad bike tour on a 40 degree day. We are from the Sydney area of Australia and therefore knew very little about the outback. Overall, we enjoyed the experience.

Highlights
- The owners, Kath and Frosty, were very knowledgeable and delivered a professional service by ensuring safety and enthusiasm.
- The owners assisted us in taking photos which was fantastic.
- The owners were very considerate in ensuring that we were doing ok and having a good time.
- Beautiful scenery.
- Very organised and receptive to questions asked.

Lowlights
- None really. But you DO need common sense. If you damage their equipment, be prepared to pay for damages.

I would recommend attending this tour to anyone!

Visited December 2011
Melbourne, Australia
“A Great Day In the Outback”
Reviewed November 23, 2011

We did a morning tour with Outback Quad Adventures. We havent been on quad bikes before, so were keen to give it a go. We are very glad we did. It was a truly enjoyable ride through some incredible country. We really liked the varied terrain, wildlife and educational aspects. The tour is of a working cattle station, the size of the property is hard to get your head around. They told us the cattle industry is one of the biggest industries in Central Australia, so the tour was a great way to get an appreciation of how they work. We are back home again and my husband is still talking about it.

Visited October 2011
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“My worst experience in Australia”
Reviewed November 12, 2011

I have just returned home from Australia and just loved the country!
Unfortunately apart from Outback Quad Adventures - they managed to spoil my last day in the Red Center. It all began so well - Kath, a guide from the company, picked us up from our hotel and took us to the farm where the quad tour was to begin. Unfortunately she was not the only one who worked for the company as she was rather nice. The scenery, that was great, the ride that was not bad are now quite forgotten due to a male person (unfortunately I don't remember his name and Kath would not tell me after I said I wanted to post the story in the Internet) who managed to spoil everything. He thought that one of my friends was doing something wrong with a quad and you should have seen his reaction! His use of unprintable words was the least of it - arrogance and incivility seemed to be his main traits. He acted as if we were not his clients but he was our boss - or so he tried before we have told him what we thought of him right in his face and left. He is the only Australian in service industry that I have met with such an attitude to clients. I truly can't understand how a person like that can work in services. I think it says a lot about Outback Quad Adventures - nice people, nice company. (Oh, just for information, there was nothing wrong with the quad.)

Visited October 2011
6 Thank BP63
flossy1964, Manager at Outback Quad Adventures Day Tours, responded to this review, November 14, 2011
Thank you for your review. Safety is our number one priority. We take pride in the service we provide, keeping our equipment in the best possible condition and looking after our land. When our equipment and our land is outrightly abused we are not happy. Your friend could have potentially done a lot of damage to the quad bike by his actions and he abused our outback hospitality on a number of occassions by not following our basic rules.
Im glad that you were able to enjoy the scenery and tour before this incident occured.