“What a way to see the outback”

Outback Quad Adventures Day Tours
Fee: Yes
Darwin
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“What a way to see the outback”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2012

Did this tour when in Alice last month and had an absolute blast. Very well run and presented with Frosty and Cath leading the way and providing excellent commentary about the region and the cattle station. Couldn't believe the beauty of the place and the extraordinary colours of the ranges. Took heaps of pictures. We did the two station tour, but would have loved to do the overnighter. Maybe next time. This was a hoot make sure its on your planner.

Visited December 2011
1 Thank Simon C

Australia
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Enjoyable Outback Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2011

A friend and I attended the morning quad bike tour on a 40 degree day. We are from the Sydney area of Australia and therefore knew very little about the outback. Overall, we enjoyed the experience.

Highlights
- The owners, Kath and Frosty, were very knowledgeable and delivered a professional service by ensuring safety and enthusiasm.
- The owners assisted us in taking photos which was fantastic.
- The owners were very considerate in ensuring that we were doing ok and having a good time.
- Beautiful scenery.
- Very organised and receptive to questions asked.

Lowlights
- None really. But you DO need common sense. If you damage their equipment, be prepared to pay for damages.

I would recommend attending this tour to anyone!

Visited December 2011
Melbourne, Australia
“A Great Day In the Outback”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2011

We did a morning tour with Outback Quad Adventures. We havent been on quad bikes before, so were keen to give it a go. We are very glad we did. It was a truly enjoyable ride through some incredible country. We really liked the varied terrain, wildlife and educational aspects. The tour is of a working cattle station, the size of the property is hard to get your head around. They told us the cattle industry is one of the biggest industries in Central Australia, so the tour was a great way to get an appreciation of how they work. We are back home again and my husband is still talking about it.

Visited October 2011
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“My worst experience in Australia”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2011

I have just returned home from Australia and just loved the country!
Unfortunately apart from Outback Quad Adventures - they managed to spoil my last day in the Red Center. It all began so well - Kath, a guide from the company, picked us up from our hotel and took us to the farm where the quad tour was to begin. Unfortunately she was not the only one who worked for the company as she was rather nice. The scenery, that was great, the ride that was not bad are now quite forgotten due to a male person (unfortunately I don't remember his name and Kath would not tell me after I said I wanted to post the story in the Internet) who managed to spoil everything. He thought that one of my friends was doing something wrong with a quad and you should have seen his reaction! His use of unprintable words was the least of it - arrogance and incivility seemed to be his main traits. He acted as if we were not his clients but he was our boss - or so he tried before we have told him what we thought of him right in his face and left. He is the only Australian in service industry that I have met with such an attitude to clients. I truly can't understand how a person like that can work in services. I think it says a lot about Outback Quad Adventures - nice people, nice company. (Oh, just for information, there was nothing wrong with the quad.)

Visited October 2011
6 Thank BP63
flossy1964, Manager at Outback Quad Adventures Day Tours, responded to this review, November 14, 2011
Thank you for your review. Safety is our number one priority. We take pride in the service we provide, keeping our equipment in the best possible condition and looking after our land. When our equipment and our land is outrightly abused we are not happy. Your friend could have potentially done a lot of damage to the quad bike by his actions and he abused our outback hospitality on a number of occassions by not following our basic rules.
Im glad that you were able to enjoy the scenery and tour before this incident occured.
Perth, Australia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Pricey but great way to see the Outback”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2011

I was very pleased to see that Alice Springs has Quad-biking. I called the company who offer 3 different priced tours, accommodation transfers and free water. Whats not to love? As it was going to be 38 degrees that day, we opted for the 8am kick off 2.5 hour tour for $135.

We were collected right on 8am and driven in an air-conditioned 4WD 15 minutes out of the town to the oldest cattle station in the Northern Territory. Our tour guide Kath gave us a "crash course" on how to use a Quad-bike and supplied us with a helmet and water. We hit the dirt road, stopping a few times for Kath to show how the station works and pointed out the beautiful geography of the area. The Quad-biking was more on the beginner side of things but I think that's due to my friend being a bit scared as it was her first time. I'd say we averaged about 20km/h. I'm sure if you ask for something a bit more adventurous or fast-paced, they will accommodate.

All in all we had a great time navigating through the rough dirt roads and dried up creek beds. The best part was trying to spot one of the 5000 cows. On a station that is bigger than some European countries, we only saw 2!

Visited November 2011